Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Korn Shell execution Post 302830097 by kumarjt on Monday 8th of July 2013 05:46:48 AM
Old 07-08-2013
@vbe : It didnt understand the following :
Here Dot is sourcing your environment...

To add to my surprises let me put forward a wierd scenario .
When I am in any folder OTHER THAN THE ONE WHERE THIS global_variable.cfg file resides ,

I can sucessfully execute the following statement and set the environment variables using the file .
Code:
. /<absolute path name>/global_variable.cfg

But when I try the following , the Unix throws an error indicating that the file cannot be found.
Code:
  cd <absolute path name>
  . /global_variable.cfg

Please note , I have included a space between the period and slash everytime , but once I succed , and once I fail .

Why ????

Thanks
Kumarjit.

Last edited by vbe; 07-08-2013 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: missing a code bracket...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shellscript execution context - exit statement

Hi all, Could someone please explain to me the shell invocation process when running a script. How do I stop the shell from logging out when it reaches an exit statement in the script? if ; then echo 'Failed to copy ${FILE}.fmx to ${J2_HOME}/dev/rsc' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richgi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script help required during execution...

Hi, The following Korne Shell script does not give any syntax errors but the following while running. Request you to please let me know, how can I define the variables viz.:- listDbs and getkey here, inorder to remove the error. 1) $ ksh -n setAlias $ 2) $ ksh -x setAlias +... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] execution problem

Hi I want to make a script . In this script i want to use input file and this input file consist of three numbers in a line for example input file is as below: 919876543210 09876543234567876 98764534245678 aircelmms","aircelweb","aircelwap" 096574235625... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esumiba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Capturing output in a korn variable

Hi, I'm new to korn and having trouble capturing the text output from one program in an array that I can then feed into another program. Direct approaches didn't work, so I've tried to break it down thus: The program lonlat2pixline gives the values I need in the second column, so I print that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daurin
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]Korn, disabling * substitution

If I execute the following line of code: echo "*" I get a list of files in the current directory. What if all I wanted to do was display the asterisk itself? What does the code have to look like so all I get is an asterisk? Thanks ahead of time for your assistance ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wreckoning
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Command execution in Makefile

Linux Gurus, I have a query regarding the execution of a complex command in the makefile of the current system. I am currently using shell command in the makefile to execute the command. However my command fails as it is a combination of a many commands and execution collects a huge data...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with using for loop as for in {2..6} in korn shell

Hi i have to cut columns 2 to 6 from a file and assign it to arrays , The following code works for ctcol in 2 3 4 5 6; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file) done how ever this does not work for ctcol in {2..6}; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to refer more than 9 command line inputs for a scripts in korn shell?

Hi all, I have a script which should take more than 9 command line inputs while running. Likescript.sh a s d f g h j j k l o p i u y t r e w Now in the script if I have to access one of the input which is at position after 9, in this case say 'p' then how can I do that? echo $12 will not work... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
15 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)