Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Texts between 2 strings
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Texts between 2 strings Post 302830031 by Don Cragun on Monday 8th of July 2013 12:49:26 AM
Old 07-08-2013
Ravinder Singh sent me private mail saying that this thread had not provided a suitable solution to the satisfaction of the submitter and Ravinder. When I look at this thread, I see a very vague statement of the desired output and a sample script that doesn't work.

I note that vbe has already asked for a clarification of the requirements and no response has been provided. Without a clear statement of what output is desired (and sample output corresponding to the sample input [in CODE tags]), I don't see how anyone can provide any help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate sentences from two texts, combine them

I havet two books, one in Swedish, the other in English. Two text files. I want to combine them into one, with each sentence having it's translation next to it. ------------ Text file one. Example sentence in English. Example 2 sentence 2 in English 2. -------------- Text file two. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaraMej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy and merge texts between two pattern

I need 1. to find all the files from a Folder "folder_name" and from its 4 or 5 sub folders which contain a certain pattern "pattern1". 2. from these files copy and merge all the text between "pattern1" and another different pattern "pattern2" to "mergefile". 3. Get rid of every html tag. 4.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate texts in perl only?

Hi, I want to concatenate the texts in the file but there are different scenario's. Ist Scenario. The contents of file has id`language,sequence number,text,language Here id`language is a key pair to identify the correct language. Sequnce number is the order the text being inserted. Text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to test many texts generated by many commands ?

Hello, I have hundreds of text files to be tested.They are generated by many commands. I should check whether a word in specific position is right, or whether a word in file A is equal to a word in file B. All the file are not the same. I decide to use shell to test every files, so I had to write... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for Multiple texts in a file

Hello guys, I hope anyone can help me with this ... I have a file in which i have around 6000 lines of same format text like 1234567 2345678 3456789 .................... Now what I have to do is that there I have to search these numbers in another file which contains hundreds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_usmanayub
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can there be alt-texts to icons?

Can you add hover texts (alt-texts) to icons? It is not always obvious what each of them mean just by looking at them. Sometimes it is clear from the url it points to, but for accessibility reasons alone it would be good to have alt-texts as a standard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning Texts

is there any way to align my text so every column begins on the same line as the previous line? here's my command: printf "THEN ( ${SEARCHPATTB} = Hour = ${CALTOTB} ) %8s => %8s NOW ( ${SEARCHPATT} = Hour = ${CALTOT} ) %7s => %7s Reduced By: %7s -${RESULT}"\\n output i'm currently getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)						    OpenGL 3.3						    GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)

NAME
glGetMultisamplefv - retrieve the location of a sample C SPECIFICATION
void glGetMultisamplefv(GLenum pname, GLuint index, GLfloat *val); PARAMETERS
pname Specifies the sample parameter name. pname must be GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. index Specifies the index of the sample whose position to query. val Specifies the address of an array to receive the position of the sample. DESCRIPTION
glGetMultisamplefv queries the location of a given sample. pname specifies the sample parameter to retrieve and must be GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. index corresponds to the sample for which the location should be returned. The sample location is returned as two floating-point values in val[0] and val[1], each between 0 and 1, corresponding to the x and y locations respectively in the GL pixel space of that sample. (0.5, 0.5) this corresponds to the pixel center. index must be between zero and the value of GL_SAMPLES - 1. If the multisample mode does not have fixed sample locations, the returned values may only reflect the locations of samples within some pixels. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one GL_SAMPLE_POSITION. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater than or equal to the value of GL_SAMPLES. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLGETMULTISAMPLEFV(3G)