Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Column not allowed, when I am writing sql in UNIX Post 302829853 by Yoda on Saturday 6th of July 2013 10:30:59 AM
Old 07-06-2013
Looks like that command substitution is causing problem, try replacing it with backticks:
Code:
X=`sqlplus -s user/pass << EOSQL
set serveroutput on;
set heading off feedback off serveroutput on trimout on pagesize 0
INSERT INTO TEST (df)
VALUES ('a');
COMMIT;
EXIT;
EOSQL`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional writing of sql code

Hello again... I have a request from another department to list for them all the columns and tables we use in this certain database. I have spooled the oracle stored procedured into 1 file. I need a way to write out parts of that file. The criteria is to to start the block to be written when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

flags to suppress column output, # of rows selected in db2 sql in UNIX

Hello, I am new to db2 SQL in unix so bear with me while I try to explain the situation. I have a text file that has the contents of the where condition that I am using for a db2 SQL in UNIX ksh. Here is the snippet. if ; then echo "Begin processing VALUEs" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

3. Programming

Writing to a File using pl/sql

Hi I am new to using pl/sql on a unix platform and am having trouble writing to a file from within a block. Below is an example of the code that I have. I know that I need to use UTL_FILE to accomplish this; however, I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? I am trying to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stky13
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column names from a table.. SQL with UNIX

:rolleyes: hi there everybody, i need help,... thanks anyway! i am working on a very huge table with the name table1. the problem is that i know only one field name in this table..., working with a ksh environment i don't know how to view the table to check out the field names :confused:. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmina
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing given value into a file in particular record and column

Hi All, Could you ppl plz help me in writing into a file , plz find the example below. Ex: Name1|092387|Address1 Name2||Address2 After executing command/script the file should look like Name1|092387|Address1 Name2|+91900236|Address2 plz let me know of you have some solution... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing out 2nd column into one file from multiple files

I have several files that are being generated every 20 minutes. Each file contains 2 columns. The 1st column is Text, 2nd column is Data. I would like to generate one single file from all these files as follows: One instance of 1st column Text, followed by 2nd column Data separated by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhap
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

10. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)