Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to modify csv file Post 302829845 by dbashyam on Saturday 6th of July 2013 09:15:06 AM
Old 07-06-2013
Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends,

I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file

Code:
table findhost=
{
{"xyz","abc"},
{"rxz","mmz"},
{"vrr","nnz"},
}
default={"NONE"}

My current perl script

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Text::CSV;

my @rows;

# Read the CSV file
{
    my $csv = Text::CSV->new()
        or die "Cannot use Text::CSV ($!)";
    my $file = "data.csv";
    open my $fh, '<', $file
        or die "Cannot open $file ($!)";

while (my $row = $csv->getline($fh))
    {
        push @rows, $row;
    }
    $csv->eof or $csv->error_diag();

close $fh
        or die "Failed to close $file ($!)";
}

# Munge the data
{
    foreach my $row (@rows)
    {
        foreach my $col (@{$row})
        {
            $col = uc($col);
        }
        print "\n";
    }
}

# Write the data
{
    my $csv = Text::CSV->new()
        or die "Cannot use Text::CSV ($!)";
    my $file = "output.csv";
    open my $fh, '>', $file
        or die "Cannot open $file ($!)";
    $csv->eol("\n");
    foreach my $row (@rows)
    {

$csv->print($fh, \@{$row})
            or die "Failed to write $file ($!)";
    }
    close $fh
        or die "Failed to close $file ($!)";
}

The output of this script is shown below:

Code:
XYZ,ABC
RXZ,MMZ
VRR,NNZ

I want to make the output to look as shown below:

Code:
table findhost=
{
{"xyz","abc"},
{"rxz","mmz"},
{"vrr","nnz"},
}
default={"NONE"}

My CSV looks as shown below:

Code:
xyz,"abc"
rxz,mmz
vrr,"nnz"

If double quotes are not there in the CSV file I need to ensure that I put the double quotes.

Can anyone tell where I should I modify.

Thanks,
Din

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please do help: Perl Script to pull out rows from a CSV file

I have CSV file that contains data in the format as shown below: ABC, 67, 56, 67, 78, 89, 76, 55 PDR, 85, 83, 83, 72, 82, 89, 83 MPG, 86, 53, 54, 65, 23, 54, 75 .. .. .. .. I want to create a script that will pull out the rows from the above sheet and paste it into another CSV file.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajusc
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - need script for modify lines

Hello, does somebody can make script for me, which replace: ąćę ąćę ąćę (input file) to ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę (output file) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xadrian
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script

Hi All I have this csv file and I need to calculate the average of FPS. FPS:27.7420, Interval:1314184238772 FPS:25.9798, Interval:1314184242646 FPS:27.4772, Interval:1314184246311 FPS:26.1623, Interval:1314184250159 FPS:26.4515, Interval:1314184253972 FPS:31.5896, Interval:1314184257163... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies
MONGOEXPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOEXPORT(1)

NAME
mongoexport - the Mongo export tool SYNOPSIS
mongoexport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoexport is a tool to export a MongoDB collection to either JSON or CSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to output can be given. If the output is CSV, the fields must be specified in order. EXAMPLES
mongoexport -d test -c test1 --csv -f name,num export documents from test.test1 in CSV format OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use -q, --query QUERY query filter -f, --fields FIELDS comma-separated list of field names --csv export to CSV instead of JSON -o, --out FILE output file, if not specified, stdout is used --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOEXPORT(1)