Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Make check install and make all install Post 302829805 by komijani on Saturday 6th of July 2013 03:25:58 AM
Old 07-06-2013
hi
thanks for your answer
i use fedora 16 and it have GNU make.
to be honest i want to install CURL. but i don't know which command for installation is correct?
Code:
make check install 
or 
make all install

i sent this problem to CURL support too, they answered: install curl with the package manager for fedora. with regard that i am a linux newbie, i did not completely get which command is correct to use. would you please help me.
thanks again
sincerely yours
fereshte

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make install

Hi all, I am trying to install pam_passwdqc-1.0.2 on my Solaris 9 machines. After I did a make, I did a make install but it returns the follwing output, # /usr/ccs/bin/make install mkdir -p /lib/security install -c -m 755 pam_passwdqc.so /lib/security install: The -c, -f, -n options each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

3. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems using 'make' install

I am tring to install DBD::Oracle on Solaris 9 box, I issued command type cc type gcc but both are not found. then i manually searched for gcc, i found it and create a symbolic link to it in my directory. $ perl Makefile.pl (works ok) $ make (retuns error below) LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -G... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jameskay
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install C compiler without make

Hi all, I dont have much knowledge about linux, but want to learn. I have installed Plop linux(PLoP - Home) on USB Flashdrive. I want to install gcc compiler to it. The installation of C compiler ask for make command, which is not found in the distribution. When I tried to install gnu make,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsmithgr8
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems with make install

Hi all, I'm working on a server with Solaris 10 and I'm trying to install the pptp client version 1.7.2. So, the generation of the execute file is ok, I run the command 'make' and I got the pptp file. Now I have to run the command 'make install' to install the software, but it stops at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make 3.82 install help

Hello. This is what I get when I try to install Todd-Sheppards-Computer:~/make-3.82 toddsheppard$ sudo make install Password: Making install in glob make: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'. make: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'. Making install in config make: Nothing to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 240shep19
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How should I install 'make' compiler ?

I need too install GDB in order to debug a program. I need to install GDB through the UNIX command 'make install'. I downloaded a full directory of hundreds of files allowing to get a gdb executable but need a compilation before ... The problem is UNIX can't find 'make' command. I work under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
5 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)