Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Texts between 2 strings
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Texts between 2 strings Post 302829541 by vbe on Friday 5th of July 2013 06:52:16 AM
Old 07-05-2013
Quote:
but i do not know how to get the texts matching a word in between.
In other terms your sed is suitable at condition it contains the word you are looking for?
So that is just a test using grep to validate your extraction...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate sentences from two texts, combine them

I havet two books, one in Swedish, the other in English. Two text files. I want to combine them into one, with each sentence having it's translation next to it. ------------ Text file one. Example sentence in English. Example 2 sentence 2 in English 2. -------------- Text file two. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaraMej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy and merge texts between two pattern

I need 1. to find all the files from a Folder "folder_name" and from its 4 or 5 sub folders which contain a certain pattern "pattern1". 2. from these files copy and merge all the text between "pattern1" and another different pattern "pattern2" to "mergefile". 3. Get rid of every html tag. 4.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate texts in perl only?

Hi, I want to concatenate the texts in the file but there are different scenario's. Ist Scenario. The contents of file has id`language,sequence number,text,language Here id`language is a key pair to identify the correct language. Sequnce number is the order the text being inserted. Text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to test many texts generated by many commands ?

Hello, I have hundreds of text files to be tested.They are generated by many commands. I should check whether a word in specific position is right, or whether a word in file A is equal to a word in file B. All the file are not the same. I decide to use shell to test every files, so I had to write... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for Multiple texts in a file

Hello guys, I hope anyone can help me with this ... I have a file in which i have around 6000 lines of same format text like 1234567 2345678 3456789 .................... Now what I have to do is that there I have to search these numbers in another file which contains hundreds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_usmanayub
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can there be alt-texts to icons?

Can you add hover texts (alt-texts) to icons? It is not always obvious what each of them mean just by looking at them. Sometimes it is clear from the url it points to, but for accessibility reasons alone it would be good to have alt-texts as a standard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning Texts

is there any way to align my text so every column begins on the same line as the previous line? here's my command: printf "THEN ( ${SEARCHPATTB} = Hour = ${CALTOTB} ) %8s => %8s NOW ( ${SEARCHPATT} = Hour = ${CALTOT} ) %7s => %7s Reduced By: %7s -${RESULT}"\\n output i'm currently getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)