Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 4 Server con't Started.... Post 302829505 by srinivas814 on Friday 5th of July 2013 05:34:22 AM
Old 07-05-2013
RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends,

My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error..

Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat)
kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686

INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes...

Please help help

Thanks,
Srinivas

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

4. Solaris

The X-Server can not be started on display :0

Hey Guys, I have just moved my machine to a new location and reconfigured my DNS and ip... and for an unknown reason I get this X-Server can not be started error on startup. This is what I got in my Xerrors log: It is possible to start a graphical session (X-Server) manually, ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasabihowdi
8 Replies

5. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Re-start of RHEL server

I had a query that should the RHEL servers in production environment be re-started say every 2-3 months so that the cache is cleared? I hope, my question is clear that should the Red Hat Linux servers be restarted periodically. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
17 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6.3 Errata Server?

I'm attempting to build a RHEL 6.3 yum errata server inside our company firewall with no luck. Is this something Red Hat attempts to prevent people from doing? I have done all the steps that I've been able to find to create a repository and configure it. My two repo files look like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwing471
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8)                                                      AppArmor                                                      MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)