Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make-output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Make-output Post 302829313 by RudiC on Thursday 4th of July 2013 01:41:49 PM
Old 07-04-2013
man bash:
Quote:
Redirecting Standard Output and Standard Error
This construct allows both the standard output (file descriptor 1) and the standard error output (file descriptor 2) to be redi‐
rected to the file whose name is the expansion of word.

There are two formats for redirecting standard output and standard error:

&>word
and
>&word

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed does not make changes in the file but to the standard output

I have an xml file. I am doing some change, say deleting line 770. File name is file.xml. I use: sed '770d' file.xml but this does not actually make changes in the *file* but shows the changes on standard output (screen) if i use $var=`sed '770d' file.xml` echo $var > file.xml this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to make sense of rsync output...

I'm running the following rsync command to sync a directory between the 2 servers: rsync -az --delete --stats /some_dir/ server_name:/some_dir I'm getting the following output: Number of files: 655174 Number of files transferred: 14221 Total file size: 1138531979331 bytes Total... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make cronjob output to different files everyday

Hello, I have a cronjob that i am currently running which is as follows: php /home/****/cronjob.php --debug 2>&1 >> /home/cronjoboutput.txt That, as you may know, logs the output to a file called cronjoboutput.txt in the home directory. I want that cronjob to output to a different file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how to make output of a command a numbered list

Hi there, just wondered if somebody could help me with a problem I have I have a program that when run from the command line will output a list of objects # list_servers server1 server5 server7 server8 # I just wanted to know, in perl, how can i make each line of output from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output of Make to file

Hi, I am unable to get this script to work as desired. Basically, if an argument "log" is sent into the script, it outputs the result of the Make to a file output.log. However, if the argument is not passed, I want the output to be just put on screen (no redirection). See code snippet below. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srujan45
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sar -d output... does not make sense

Can someone explain the correlation between how sar names the disk drives and how the rest of the OS names the disk drives? sar lists my disk drives as sd0, sd1, sd2, etc..... while format lists my disk drives as c1t0d0, c1t1d0, c1t2d0,etc... And also why sar shows 8 disks but format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Make a disk disappear from fdisk output

Hello, 1 ) Fdisk -l # Displays all the disk with partition table information My Query ) A ) How can i make one disk ex: /dev/sdd not visible in fdisk -l output ? B) From where fdisk -l collect and display the information ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script that verify output after make

Hi I write below script to show if expected file exist in /etc/library/ , print success else failed. But it will print full path I just need to print module name in output. And if it possible show time that spent to compile each module. FYI 1: First run another script just go to the paths... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)