Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Change congestion protocol in Solaris 10 Post 302829201 by crusoe on Thursday 4th of July 2013 07:15:34 AM
Old 07-04-2013
I am familiar with ndd, but cannot find how to change or view current congestion protocol used. In Solaris 11 there's a tool called ipadm, that I can use - but it's not available in Solaris 10.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

change network time protocol

by default, a mac syncs its time and date with time.apple.com (located system prefs->Date&Time). Is there a way in unix to change it to another address? my attempts to use ntpdate and ntpd have failed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
4 Replies

2. Solaris

change disk under solaris 6

hi every one , i want to change the failed disk under solaris 6 i know that it's different than other revisions but i havn't a procedure ,can someone help me plz? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris ip Change

Hi all i changed ip of my sunfire V490 machine by using the ifconfig command i modified following files /etc/hosts /etc/netmasks /etc/defaultrouter /etc/inet/ipnodes still when i rebooted the server ip got change. can nyone tell me reasonwhy it happens....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for a Low-Latency TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm

I was looking at differnt types of TCP Congestion Avoidance algorithms and realized that they are almost all tailored toward "high speed networks with high latency" (aka. LFN) Anybody know of a Congestion Avoidance algorithm used in low-latency networks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

5. Solaris

temperory ip change in solaris 9

Hi Admins, For testing purpose we are moving sun solaris 9 in to test vlan .So i need to change the ip, subnet mask and gateway temperorily. Below are the procedure m going to perform. 1. Backup of ifconfig -a , netstat -an, netstat -rn , netstat -in 2. Backup of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

When should TCP congestion avoidance be used?

I have a Cisco small business switch and I am wondering what I will gain (or lose) by enabling "TCP congestion avoidance". I read the definition of it but how does one know when one should use it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies
ndd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - get and set driver configuration parameters SYNOPSIS
ndd [-set] driver parameter [value] DESCRIPTION
ndd gets and sets selected configuration parameters in some kernel drivers. Currently, ndd only supports the drivers that implement the TCP/IP Internet protocol family. Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Since these parameters are usually tightly coupled to the implementation, they are likely to change from release to release. Some parameters may be read-only. If the -set option is omitted, ndd queries the named driver, retrieves the value associated with the specified parameter, and prints it. If the -set option is given, ndd passes value, which must be specified, down to the named driver which assigns it to the named parameter. By convention, drivers that support ndd also support a special read-only parameter named ``?'' which can be used to list the parameters supported by the driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting Parameters Supported By The TCP Driver To see which parameters are supported by the TCP driver, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/tcp ? The parameter name ``?'' may need to be escaped with a backslash to prevent its being interpreted as a shell meta character. The following command sets the value of the parameter ip_forwarding in the dual stack IP driver to zero. This disables IPv4 packet forward- ing. example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding 0 Similarly, in order to disable IPv6 packet forwarding, the value of parameter ip6_forwarding example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip6_forwarding 0 To view the current IPv4 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv4_ire_status To view the current IPv6 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv6_ire_status ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5), arp(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), tcp(7P), udp(7P) NOTES
The parameters supported by each driver may change from release to release. Like programs that read /dev/kmem, user programs or shell scripts that execute ndd should be prepared for parameter names to change. The ioctl() command that ndd uses to communicate with drivers is likely to change in a future release. User programs should avoid making dependencies on it. The meanings of many ndd parameters make sense only if you understand how the driver is implemented. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1999 ndd(1M)