Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Change congestion protocol in Solaris 10 Post 302829201 by crusoe on Thursday 4th of July 2013 07:15:34 AM
Old 07-04-2013
I am familiar with ndd, but cannot find how to change or view current congestion protocol used. In Solaris 11 there's a tool called ipadm, that I can use - but it's not available in Solaris 10.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

change network time protocol

by default, a mac syncs its time and date with time.apple.com (located system prefs->Date&Time). Is there a way in unix to change it to another address? my attempts to use ntpdate and ntpd have failed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
4 Replies

2. Solaris

change disk under solaris 6

hi every one , i want to change the failed disk under solaris 6 i know that it's different than other revisions but i havn't a procedure ,can someone help me plz? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris ip Change

Hi all i changed ip of my sunfire V490 machine by using the ifconfig command i modified following files /etc/hosts /etc/netmasks /etc/defaultrouter /etc/inet/ipnodes still when i rebooted the server ip got change. can nyone tell me reasonwhy it happens....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for a Low-Latency TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm

I was looking at differnt types of TCP Congestion Avoidance algorithms and realized that they are almost all tailored toward "high speed networks with high latency" (aka. LFN) Anybody know of a Congestion Avoidance algorithm used in low-latency networks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

5. Solaris

temperory ip change in solaris 9

Hi Admins, For testing purpose we are moving sun solaris 9 in to test vlan .So i need to change the ip, subnet mask and gateway temperorily. Below are the procedure m going to perform. 1. Backup of ifconfig -a , netstat -an, netstat -rn , netstat -in 2. Backup of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

When should TCP congestion avoidance be used?

I have a Cisco small business switch and I am wondering what I will gain (or lose) by enabling "TCP congestion avoidance". I read the definition of it but how does one know when one should use it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)