Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Change congestion protocol in Solaris 10 Post 302829201 by crusoe on Thursday 4th of July 2013 07:15:34 AM
Old 07-04-2013
I am familiar with ndd, but cannot find how to change or view current congestion protocol used. In Solaris 11 there's a tool called ipadm, that I can use - but it's not available in Solaris 10.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

change network time protocol

by default, a mac syncs its time and date with time.apple.com (located system prefs->Date&Time). Is there a way in unix to change it to another address? my attempts to use ntpdate and ntpd have failed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
4 Replies

2. Solaris

change disk under solaris 6

hi every one , i want to change the failed disk under solaris 6 i know that it's different than other revisions but i havn't a procedure ,can someone help me plz? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris ip Change

Hi all i changed ip of my sunfire V490 machine by using the ifconfig command i modified following files /etc/hosts /etc/netmasks /etc/defaultrouter /etc/inet/ipnodes still when i rebooted the server ip got change. can nyone tell me reasonwhy it happens....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looking for a Low-Latency TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm

I was looking at differnt types of TCP Congestion Avoidance algorithms and realized that they are almost all tailored toward "high speed networks with high latency" (aka. LFN) Anybody know of a Congestion Avoidance algorithm used in low-latency networks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

5. Solaris

temperory ip change in solaris 9

Hi Admins, For testing purpose we are moving sun solaris 9 in to test vlan .So i need to change the ip, subnet mask and gateway temperorily. Below are the procedure m going to perform. 1. Backup of ifconfig -a , netstat -an, netstat -rn , netstat -in 2. Backup of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

When should TCP congestion avoidance be used?

I have a Cisco small business switch and I am wondering what I will gain (or lose) by enabling "TCP congestion avoidance". I read the definition of it but how does one know when one should use it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies