Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What fields we need to consider ntpq -p output? Post 302828837 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 3rd of July 2013 09:39:28 AM
Old 07-03-2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fields from an output 8-)

I am getting a variable as x=2006/01/18 now I have to extract each field from it. Like x1=2006, x2=01 and x3=18. Any idea how? Thanks a lot for help. Thanks CSaha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Merge Fields for Print Output

I've got a file with each record on a separate line and each record contains 34 fields separated by a colon and i'm trying to re-arrange the order of the fields and merge together certain fields separated by a slash (like field7/field28). I tried using an awk print statement like awk -F: 'BEGIN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get an output by combining fields from two different files

Hi guys, I couldn't find solution to this problem. If anyone knows please help me out. your guidance is highly appretiated. I have two files - FILE1 has the following 7 columns ( - has been added to make columns visible enough else columns are separated by single space) 155.34 - leg - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

output of ntpq -p

Howdy guys, I have 2 sun solaris server(T200) in cluster mode. I put the command below ntpq -p. I need your help to understand the output. I plan to change the date and time in both server. node1:/home/mydir> ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare diff output by fields

Diff output as follows: < AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE 123 > PPP QQQ RRR SSS TTT 111 > VVV WWW XXX YYY ZZZ 333 > AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE 124 How can i use awk to compare the last field to determine if the counter has increased, and need to ensure that the first 4 fields must have the same... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 CSV fields from same diff output

Attached is a file called diff.txt It is the output from this command: diff -y --suppress-common-lines --width=5000 1.txt 2.txt > diff.txt I have also attached 1.txt and 2.txt for your convenience. Both 1.txt and 2.txt contain one very long CSV string. File 1.txt is a CSV dump of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in ntpq

Hi i an not able to understand what below command in saying in its O/P what i understand is the astrick(*) one is acting as a ntp master. but not able to understand what insane and sys.peer here means. # ntpq ntpq> pe remote refid st when poll reach delay ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ntpq - when=9d - not right?

Problem with external aerial and galleonm time server just turned back on. I'm guessing this is telling me its not worked for 9 days? Should I now force a poll or wait? $ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields in the Output of ls -ltr for a directory

Could you please let me know what each of the output fields in ls -ltr for a directory imply. Example : drwxrwsr-x 4294967295 infamgr infagrp 2147549184 Sep 2 17:01 job basically would want to know 4294967295 and 2147549184 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match output fields agains two patterns

I need to print field and the next one if field matches 'patternA' and also print 'patternB' fields. echo "some output" | awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i ~ /patternA/){print $i, $(i+1)}elif($i ~ /patternB/){print $i}}}' This code returnes me 'syntax error'. Pls advise how to do properly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)