Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to check powerpaths in Solaris/Linux? Post 302828797 by zaxxon on Wednesday 3rd of July 2013 07:00:46 AM
Old 07-03-2013
It's some time I did that on AIX, but there was the powermt command for all this:
Code:
powermt display               # Shows info that you can refine with additional parameters and arguments
powermt restore dev=all       # Restores your failed paths, if possible

I assume that this should be about the same command on Solaris and Linux.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check number of files is currenty open by Solaris 10 and Linux

Hi, Anyone know the command as how many files are open in Solaris 10 and Linux - i.e. currently open - real time Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Check Powersuply

Hi there all, I really have a hard time to find out how I can check my redandend powerspuly status on solaris, it runs on a sun4u Sun Fire V120 UltraSPARC-IIe How I normally check it is prtdiag -v But on this system it isnt showing its powersuply status. Anyone has any idea's? Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to check if the Linux Box is available

Hi, I need to query and find out if anyone is logged into a Linux box or if the Linux Box is free available for login. This information is required to post the availability of the Linux Host for an instrument for another user to start using the instrument. Is there a command or script to query... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dks
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check external hardware connected to linux/solaris machines

hello, I'm planning to do inventory of all our servers but this time it's more on physical. Meaning I would like to check all hardware connected to it (external only like storage, power support) including the count Would like to get perhaps its serial nr..(linux and solaris different servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Server Check

Hi, Is there a way to check linux server is up or not from my desktop (windows 7)? from the command prompt or powershell script. I have about 100 servers which I have to check daily..right now, i ssh to terminal with my login to verify. Thanks, vasu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myguess21
2 Replies

8. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we check the Linux machine OS?

I have IBM Z-Linux machine as well as RedHat Linux. Where do I see that the particular machine is z-Linux? below output from zlinux. $ uname -a Linux xxxxxxxHostname 2.6.18-406.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 1 10:42:26 EDT 2015 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux below output from redhat. $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)