Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem configuring IP address on remote device Post 302828595 by snorkack59 on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 11:12:19 PM
Old 07-03-2013
I made the printer print another network settings page and discovered it had magically acquired a legitimate IP address. Possibly it reports an address of 0.0.0.0 when the network cable is not connected. It was then possible to set the address to what was needed with a browser and the printer is working on the network now.

The Lexmark IP utility is for Bill Gates' cancerous, virus-infested scourge of the Earth excuse for an OS which I don't use. Lexmark tech support suggested resetting the printer to factory defaults but I don't need to try this now.

Thanks for the help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : No such device or address

I encoutered the error "stty: : No such device or address" in the korn shell script log. I added STTY EARSE ^H in profile. why iam i getting that error in Korn shell Thanks nandinisagar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandinisagar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this: I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out. By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ua-agent
5 Replies

5. SCO

Remote printing configuring

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name an ip-adress. This is the configuration file : root@sco1 # cat configuration Banner: on:Always Content types: simple Device: /dev/null Interface:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

7. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stty: : No such device or address

hi, i am trying to execute a script through Cron, then everytime it is redirecting a message stty: : No such device or address Unmatched ` here is the cron entry: 35,40,45,50,55 04,05 07 08 * /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravo_main_refresh.sh while the script... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
20 Replies

9. IP Networking

Configuring static ip address on several systems

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { } Hello, I'm have an interesting issue with some Raspberry Pi's which I have on my home network. The pi's are on 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, 192.168.1.104 Something very strange is happening on my network. The pi on 192.168.1.104 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeOnaMac
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
NOS-TUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NOS-TUN(8)

NAME
nos-tun -- implement ``nos'' or ``ka9q'' style IP over IP tunnel SYNOPSIS
nos-tun -t tunnel -s source -d destination -p protocol_number [source] target DESCRIPTION
The nos-tun utility is used to establish an nos style tunnel, (also known as ka9q or IP-IP tunnel) using a tun(4) kernel interface. Tunnel is the name of the tunnel device /dev/tun0 for example. Source and destination are the addresses used on the tunnel device. If you configure the tunnel against a cisco router, use a netmask of ``255.255.255.252'' on the cisco. This is because the tunnel is a point-to-point interface in the FreeBSD end, a concept cisco does not really implement. Protocol number sets tunnel mode. Original KA9Q NOS uses 94 but many people use 4 on the worldwide backbone of ampr.org. Target is the address of the remote tunnel device, this must match the source address set on the remote end. EXAMPLES
This end, a FreeBSD box on address 192.168.59.34: nos-tun -t /dev/tun0 -s 192.168.61.1 -d 192.168.61.2 192.168.56.45 Remote cisco on address 192.168.56.45: interface tunnel 0 ip address 192.168.61.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel mode nos tunnel destination 192.168.59.34 tunnel source 192.168.56.45 AUTHORS
Nickolay N. Dudorov <nnd@itfs.nsk.su> wrote the program, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> wrote the man-page. Isao SEKI <iseki@gongon.com> added a new flag, IP protocol number. BUGS
We do not allow for setting our source address for multihomed machines. BSD
April 11, 1998 BSD