Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem configuring IP address on remote device Post 302828539 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 03:54:45 PM
Old 07-02-2013
Most printers usually have some application available for local and/or remote configuration.

Maybe this will help:

Lexmark IP Utility

Release Notes
The IP Setup Utility allows initial configuration of individual or multiple print servers.
This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : No such device or address

I encoutered the error "stty: : No such device or address" in the korn shell script log. I added STTY EARSE ^H in profile. why iam i getting that error in Korn shell Thanks nandinisagar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandinisagar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this: I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out. By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ua-agent
5 Replies

5. SCO

Remote printing configuring

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name an ip-adress. This is the configuration file : root@sco1 # cat configuration Banner: on:Always Content types: simple Device: /dev/null Interface:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

7. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stty: : No such device or address

hi, i am trying to execute a script through Cron, then everytime it is redirecting a message stty: : No such device or address Unmatched ` here is the cron entry: 35,40,45,50,55 04,05 07 08 * /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravo_main_refresh.sh while the script... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
20 Replies

9. IP Networking

Configuring static ip address on several systems

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { } Hello, I'm have an interesting issue with some Raspberry Pi's which I have on my home network. The pi's are on 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, 192.168.1.104 Something very strange is happening on my network. The pi on 192.168.1.104 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeOnaMac
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
sane-lexmark(5) 					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					   sane-lexmark(5)

NAME
sane-lexmark - SANE backend for Lexmark X1100/X1200 Series scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-lexmark library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to the scanner part of Lexmark X1100/X1200 AIOs. This backend should be considered beta-quality software! The scanners that should work with this backend are: Vendor Model status ---------------------- ----------- Lexmark X1110 untested Lexmark X1140 untested Lexmark X1150 good Lexmark X1170 good Lexmark X1180 good Lexmark X1185 complete Lexmark X12xx good in USB1.1, not fully tested in USB2.0 Dell A920 good The options the backend supports can either be selected through command line options to programs like scanimage or through GUI elements in xscanimage or xsane. If you have any strange behavior, please report to the backend maintainer or to the SANE mailing list. Valid command line options and their syntax can be listed by using scanimage --help -d lexmark:usb:<usb port> Scan Mode Options --mode selects the basic mode of operation of the scanner valid choices are Color, Gray and Lineart The default mode is Color. The Lineart mode is black and white only (1 bit). Grayscale will produce 256 levels of gray (8 bits). Color mode allows for over 16 million different colors produced from 24 bits of color information. --resolution selects the resolution for a scan. The horizontal and vertical resolutions are set by the value of this option. The scanner is capa- ble of the following resolutions for the specified option value: Value Hor. Resolution Vert. Resolution ----- --------------- ------------------- 75 75dpi 75dpi 150 150dpi 150dpi 300 300dpi 300dpi 600 600dpi 600dpi 1200 600dpi 1200dpi (only for X11xx models with 'B2' sensor) --preview requests a preview scan. The resolution used for that scan is 75 dpi and the scan area and the scan mode are as specified through their options, or the default if not specified. The default value for preview mode is "no". --threshold selects the minimum-brightness to get a white point. The threshold is only used with Lineart mode scans. It is specified as a per- centage in the range 0..100% (in steps of 1). The default value of the threshold option is 50. CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration file /etc/sane.d/lexmark.conf contains only the usb device id (eg usb 0x043d 0x007c). FILES
/usr/lib64/sane/libsane-lexmark.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-lexmark.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_LEXMARK SANE_DEBUG_LEXMARK_LOW If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 255 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. LIMITATIONS
The windows TWAIN driver has many more options than this SANE backend. However they are only software adjustments. This backend only imple- ments what the scanner can support. For instance, shading correction (vertical stripes due to sensor variation across its width) is done in software. Head park position is also detected by software. The data compression isn't supported for the X1200 serie on USB 1.1, leading to slow scans. BUGS
No bugs currently known. SEE ALSO
sane-scsi(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane(7) AUTHOR
The backend was originaly written by Fred Odendaal. http://ca.geocities.com/freshshelf@rogers.com/ The new version is currently developped by Stephane Voltz. http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/lexmark CREDITS
Many thanks go to: Julien Furgerot who lend me a Dell A920. Robert Price, Dani Ele and Dalai Felinto for the time they spent recording USB activity and testing the experimental version. 12 Jul 2008 sane-lexmark(5)