Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem configuring IP address on remote device Post 302828445 by Corona688 on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 12:37:35 PM
Old 07-02-2013
Type it into the printer control panel?

You might also try hardwiring its mac address to a fake IP by forcing it into your machine's ARP table as whatever IP you want... It won't really be that IP, but when your machine sends to/receives from that machine, it ought to assume "traffic from xx:yy:zz:qq:rr, must be 192.168.0.5'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : No such device or address

I encoutered the error "stty: : No such device or address" in the korn shell script log. I added STTY EARSE ^H in profile. why iam i getting that error in Korn shell Thanks nandinisagar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandinisagar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this: I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out. By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ua-agent
5 Replies

5. SCO

Remote printing configuring

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name an ip-adress. This is the configuration file : root@sco1 # cat configuration Banner: on:Always Content types: simple Device: /dev/null Interface:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

configuring site-local IPv6 address

How do I configure site-local IPv6 address in HP-UX box? I can get link local IPv6 address automatically when I put IPv6 up. aps39-88-root# ifconfig lan0 inet6 up (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirtikjr
0 Replies

7. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stty: : No such device or address

hi, i am trying to execute a script through Cron, then everytime it is redirecting a message stty: : No such device or address Unmatched ` here is the cron entry: 35,40,45,50,55 04,05 07 08 * /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravo_main_refresh.sh while the script... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
20 Replies

9. IP Networking

Configuring static ip address on several systems

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { } Hello, I'm have an interesting issue with some Raspberry Pi's which I have on my home network. The pi's are on 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, 192.168.1.104 Something very strange is happening on my network. The pi on 192.168.1.104 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeOnaMac
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring NIC device in Solaris 9 SPARC OS [QEMU]

I have Xubuntu 18.04 installed on my PC. I have created a 10G .img image file created by QEMU-IMG. I have installed inside of it Solaris 9 SPARC edition . If I try and mount the image file as a loop device (using sudo losetup /dev/loop0 /path-to-img-file) I can only mount it as read only. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
1 Replies
mxallowd(1)							   User Manuals 						       mxallowd(1)

NAME
mxallowd - dynamically whitelist your Mail eXchanger SYNOPSIS
mxallowd [-d] [-c configfile] [-t whitelist-time] [-p pflog-interface] [-l pcap-filter] [-F] [-s] [-q] [-p] -f fake-mailserver -r real- mailserver -n queue-num DESCRIPTION
mxallowd is a daemon which uses libnetfilter_queue (on Linux) or pf and pflog (on BSD) to allow (or deny) connections to a mailserver (or similar application) if the remote host hasn't connected to a fake daemon before. This is an improved version of the so-called nolisting (see http://www.nolisting.org/). The assumption is that spammers are not using RFC 2821-compatible SMTP-clients and are sending fire-and-forget spam (directly to the first or second MX-entry without retrying on error). This direct access is blocked with mxallowd, you'll only get a connection if you retry. NOTE: It is highly recommended to install nscd (nameserver caching daemon) or a similar software in order to speed-up DNS lookups. Since version 1.3, DNS lookups are done in a thread (so they don't block the main process), however, on very-high-traffic-sites, mxallowd may show significantly better overall performance in combination with nscd. OPTIONS
-b, --no-rdns-whitelist Disable whitelisting all IP-addresses that have the same RDNS as the connecting one (necessary for google mail) -c, --config Specifies an alternative configuration file (instead of /etc/mxallowd.conf) -t, --whitelist-time Specify the amount of time (in seconds) until an IP-address will be removed from the whitelist -s, --stdout Log to stdout, not to syslog -q, --quiet Don't log anything but errors. -f, --fake-mailserver Specify which IP-address the fake mailserver has (connecting to it will whitelist you for the real mailserver) -r, --real-mailserver Specify which IP-address the real mailserver has -F, --foreground Do not fork into background, stay on console -n, --queue-num (only available when compiled for netfilter_queue) Specify the queue number which will be used for the netfilter_queue-link. This has to be the same which is specified in the ipta- bles-rule and it has to be specified, there is no default. -p, --pflog-interface (only available when compiled for pf) Specify the pflog(4) interface which you configured in pf(4). The default is pflog0. Also see the pcap-filter-option if you use an interface which does not only get smtp-traffic. -l, --pcap-filter (only available when compiled for pf) Specify the filter for pcap. The default is "port 25". See tcpdump(8) for more information on the filters. FILES
/etc/mxallowd.conf System-wide configuration file. Use the long options without the beginning two dashes. For example: stdout fake-mailserver 192.168.1.3 fake-mailserver 192.168.1.4 real-mailserver 192.168.1.5 queue-num 23 EXAMPLES FOR NETFILTER
The machine has two IP-addresses. The mailserver only listens on 192.168.1.4, the nameserver returns the mx-records mx1.domain.com (192.168.1.3) with priority 5 and mx2.domain.com (192.168.1.4) with priority 10. # modprobe nfnetlink_queue # iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -m state --state NEW -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 23 # mxallowd -s -F -f 192.168.1.3 -r 192.168.1.4 -n 23 Then open a separate terminal and connect via telnet on your real mailserver. You'll see the connection attempt being dropped. Now connect to the fake mailserver and watch mxallowd's output. Afterwards, connect to the real mailserver to verify your mailserver is still working. EXAMPLES FOR PF
The machine has two IP-addresses. The mailserver only listens on 192.168.1.4, the nameserver returns the mx-records mx1.domain.com (192.168.1.3) with priority 5 and mx2.domain.com (192.168.1.4) with priority 10. Create a pf.conf like this: table <mx-white> persist real_mailserver="192.168.1.4" fake_mailserver="192.168.1.3" real_mailserver6="2001:dead:beef::1" fake_mailserver6="2001:dead:beef::2" pass in quick log on fxp0 proto tcp from <mx-white> to $real_mailserver port smtp pass in quick log on fxp0 inet6 proto tcp from <mx-white> to $real_mailserver6 port smtp block in log on fxp0 proto tcp to { $fake_mailserver $real_mailserver } port smtp block in log on fxp0 inet6 proto tcp to { $fake_mailserver6 $real_mailserver6 } port smtp Afterwards, load it and start mxallowd using the following commands: # pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf # mxallowd -s -F -f 192.168.1.3 -r 192.168.1.4 Then open a separate terminal and connect via telnet on your real mailserver. You'll see the connection attempt being dropped. Now connect to the fake mailserver and watch mxallowd's output. Afterwards, connect to the real mailserver to verify your mailserver is still working. The ruleset for pf is actually longer because pf does more than netfilter on linux -- netfilter passes the packets and lets mxallowd decide whether to drop/accept whilst pf blocks/passes before even "passing" to mxallowd. SEE ALSO
iptables(8), pf(4), pflog(4), tcpdump(8) AUTHOR
Michael Stapelberg <michael+mxallowd at stapelberg dot de> Linux MARCH 2012 mxallowd(1)