Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Want to split awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to split awk command Post 302828061 by Don Cragun on Monday 1st of July 2013 01:37:10 PM
Old 07-01-2013
I think you'll find that Yoda's suggestion add lots of additional spaces to the output at the line breaks in his code. I think the following will do what you want:
Code:
awk -F"\t" '{printf "%-1s;%-12s;%-2s;%-12s;%-12s;%-1s;%-12s;%-6s;%-12s;" \
    "%-4s;%-12s;%-20s;%-8s;%-3s;%-11s;%-6s;%-15s;%-11s;%-105s;%-70s;%-35s;" \
    "%-35s;%-35s;%-35s;%-35s;%-35s;%-90s;%-15s;%-70s;%-2s;%-10s;%-4s;%-4s;" \
    "%-35s;%-60s;%-12s;%-12s;%-35s;%-70s;\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,
    $11,$12,$13,$14,$15,$16,$17,$18,$19,$20,$21,$22,$23,$24,$25,$26,$27,$28,$29,
    $30,$31,$32,$33,$34,$35,$36,$37,$38,$39}' san

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to split in to 2 files

Hi, I have a problem in grepping a file for 2 strings and writing them to 2 appropriate files. I need to use the awk command and read the file only once and write to the appropriate file. My file is very huge in size and it is taking a long time using cat command and grep command. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_subra_mani
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk split

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this ? It does not produce anyoutput. awk 'split( "this:that", arr,":")' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to split file name

Hi I have few files with format access.2Nov-12:15AM. These files will be generated daily . I need to write a script so that if today's date is less than 10 then it has to zip the file and rename it to acess.02Nov-12:15AM.gz .please help me in this . Also please help me in splitting the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using awk command.

awk 'FNR == 1 { c = 1 } { print > (f c) } !FNR%n { close(f c); ++c }' n=$files_per_stream f=$input_path/filename_ $input_file $input_file with some records are splitted into files named filename_1,filename_2...etc according to $files_per_stream. Plz help me know how and if anyone has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split command to get the desired result

Dear all, I am using the awk 'split' command to get the particular value. FILE=InputFile_009_0.txt Temp=$(echo $FILE | awk '{split($FILE, a, "e_"); print a}') I would like to have the Temp take the value as : _009_0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
Geography::NationalGrid::IE(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Geography::NationalGrid::IE(3pm)

NAME
Geography::NationalGrid::IE - Module to convert Irish National Grid references to/from Latitude and Longitude SYNOPSIS
You should _create_ the object using the Geography::NationalGrid factory class, but you still need to know the object interface, given below. my $point1 = new Geography::NationalGrid::IE( GridReference => 'M 345132', ); my $point2 = new Geography::NationalGrid::IE( Latitude => 53.8, Longitude => -7.5 ); print "Point 1 is " . $point->latitude . " degrees north "; DESCRIPTION
Once created, the object allows you to retrieve information about the point that the object represents. For example you can create an object using a grid reference and the retrieve the latitude and longitude. OPTIONS
These are the options accepted in the constructor. You MUST provide either a GridReference or Latitude and Longitude, or Easting and Northing (the origin for these is the usual location of V 000000). Projection Default is 'IRNATGRID', the Irish National Grid. Other projections recognized are 'NATGRID', 'UTM29', 'UTM30', and 'UTM31', which stand for the National Grid (British), and the UTM29 to 31 zones. This argument is a string. NOTE: if you use a projection other than the default then the results for the gridReference() method will be wrong, so the method will return undef. However, you can use the northing() and easting() results instead to find the location in the desired projection. GridReference A grid reference string composed of the following: a 1-letter 100km square identifier; an even number of digits, from 2 to 10, depending on required accuracy. A standard 6-figure reference such as 'M 345132' gives 100m accuracy. Case and whitespace is ignored here. Latitude The latitude of the point. Actually should be the latitude using the spheroid related to the grid projection but for most purposes the difference is not too great. Specify the amount in any of these ways: as a decimal number of degrees, a reference to an array of three values (i.e. [ $degrees, $minutes, $seconds ]), or as a string of the form '52d 13m 12s'. North is positive degrees, south is negative degrees. Longitude As for latitude, except that east is positive degrees, west is negative degrees. Easting The number of metres east of the grid origin, using grid east. Northing The number of metres north of the grid origin, using grid north. Userdata The value of this option is a hash-reference, which you can fill with whatever you want - typical usage might be to specify "Userdata =" { Name => 'Dublin Observatory' }> but add whatever you want. Access using the data() method. METHODS
Most of these methods take no arguments. Some are inherited from Geography::NationalGrid latitude Returns the latitude of the point in a floating point number of degrees, north being positive. longitude As latitude, but east is positive degrees. gridReference( [ RESOLUTION ] ) Returns the grid reference of the point in standard format. The default resolution is 100m, or if you used a grid reference in the constructor then the default resolution is the resolution of that reference. You can explicitly set the resolution to 1, 10, 100, 1000, or 10000 metres. easting How many metres east of the origin the point is. The precision of this value depends on how it was derived, but is truncated to an integer number of metres. For example if the object was created from a 6 figure grid reference the easting only has precision to 100m. northing How many metres north of the origin the point is. The precision of this value depends on how it was derived, but is truncated to an integer number of metres. deg2string( DEGREES ) Given a floating point number of degrees, returns a string of the form '51d 38m 34.34s'. Intended for formatting, like: $self->deg2string( $self->latitude ); data( PARAMETER_NAME ) Returns the item from the Userdata hash whose key is the PARAMETER_NAME. ACCURACY AND PRECISION
The routines used in this code may not give you completely accurate results for various mathematical and theoretical reasons. In tests the results appeared to be correct, but it may be that under certain conditions the output could be highly inaccurate. It is likely that output accuracy decreases further from the datum, and behaviour is probably divergent outside the intended area of the grid. This module has been coded in good faith but it may still get things wrong. Hence, it is recommended that this module is used for preliminary calculations only, and that it is NOT used under any circumstance where its lack of accuracy could cause any harm, loss or other problems of any kind. Beware! REFERENCES
Equations for converting co-ordinate systems appear in the guide at http://www.gps.gov.uk/guidecontents.asp - entitled "A guide to coordinate systems in Great Britain: A primer on coordinate system concepts, including full information on GPS and Ordnance Survey coordinate systems." Irish National Grid letter-pairs checked at http://www.evoxfacilities.co.uk/evoxig.htm Constants also checked at http://www.ddl.org/figtree/pub/proceedings/korea/full-papers/session8/cory-morgan-bray-greenway.htm ISO 3166 Country codes checked against http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/codlstp1/en_listp1.html Conversions compared with software from ftp://ftp.kv.geo.uu.se/pub/ and online services AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 P Kent. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. $Revision: 1.2 $ perl v5.10.0 2007-10-23 Geography::NationalGrid::IE(3pm)