Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How can someone hack into a Linux server ? Post 302827659 by smiff on Sunday 30th of June 2013 07:57:54 AM
Old 06-30-2013
Anything open to access is part of the attack surface and can be attacked though whether this allows a successful hack is another matter.

The only way to secure a server is consider attacks and what you can do to prevent them.

In your case, you may have strong passwords, but are you going to know if someone tries your root account 506938 times with a brute force attack until they happen to find your password? Does your version of openssh have any security vulnerabilities that are remotely vulnerable? If you give someone else access, how do you know that they are changing things appropriately and not introducing vulnerabilities?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hack CPU Utilization

Hi friends, I am currently working on an issue where i should write a program which utilizes Cpu as specified by the user. The function should be provided with an argument ( how much percentage of CPU has to be utilized by the process ) for example CPU(75) should utilize 75% of CPU. The function... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdychandru
11 Replies

2. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to hack linux driver to delay incoming packets

hello, can anyone suggest how to delay the incoming packets ?? or how the packets are prossed inside the kernal and a way to make the packets wait a while?? it wud be vry helpful regards sameer (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

Hack a centos Linux box

HI, I have a Centos linux box and there is interface connect to internet. I stop the iptables in this box . After a few day , I find the linux box have been hacked and install some perl script into the box . Could anyone tell me how the hacker can login into the centos box without knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies
SBUILD-APT(1)							   Debian sbuild						     SBUILD-APT(1)

NAME
sbuild-apt - run apt-get or apt-cache in an sbuild chroot SYNOPSIS
sbuild-apt [-h|--help | -V|--version] CHROOT (apt-get|apt-cache) [ARG1 [ARG2 [ARGn...]]] DESCRIPTION
sbuild-apt runs apt-get(1) or apt-cache(1) inside the specified chroot, along with any additional arguments. OPTIONS
Actions -h, --help Display this manual. -V, --version Print version information. Chroot selection CHROOT The chroot to run the command in. Note that 'o', 's', 't', 'u' and 'e' may be used as abbreviations for 'oldstable', 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable' and 'experimental', respectively. APT options apt-get Run apt-get. apt-cache Run apt-cache. ARG Additional arguments to pass to apt-get or apt-cache. EXAMPLES
To update the APT package lists in the unstable chroot: % sbuild-apt unstable apt-get update Note that sbuild-update(1) is a more convenient method for doing the above. AUTHORS
Roger Leigh. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
apt-cache(1), apt-get(1), sbuild(1), sbuild-update(1), sbuild-upgrade(1). Version 0.63.2 18 Aug 2012 SBUILD-APT(1)