Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How can someone hack into a Linux server ? Post 302827617 by ParanoiaUser on Sunday 30th of June 2013 01:11:04 AM
Old 06-30-2013
No other users have access to this VPS, only me, i have 3 accounts enabled, root,1user and www-data.

What security scans and hardening tools should i run ? I have very little knowledge about linux forgot to mention that!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hack CPU Utilization

Hi friends, I am currently working on an issue where i should write a program which utilizes Cpu as specified by the user. The function should be provided with an argument ( how much percentage of CPU has to be utilized by the process ) for example CPU(75) should utilize 75% of CPU. The function... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdychandru
11 Replies

2. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to hack linux driver to delay incoming packets

hello, can anyone suggest how to delay the incoming packets ?? or how the packets are prossed inside the kernal and a way to make the packets wait a while?? it wud be vry helpful regards sameer (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer kulkarni
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

Hack a centos Linux box

HI, I have a Centos linux box and there is interface connect to internet. I stop the iptables in this box . After a few day , I find the linux box have been hacked and install some perl script into the box . Could anyone tell me how the hacker can login into the centos box without knowing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies
LSLOGINS(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       LSLOGINS(1)

NAME
lslogins - display information about known users in the system SYNOPSIS
lslogins [options] [-s|-u[=UID]] [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
Examine the wtmp and btmp logs, /etc/shadow (if necessary) and /etc/passwd and output the desired data. The default action is to list info about all the users in the system. OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --acc-expiration Display data about the date of last password change and the account expiration date (see shadow(5) for more info). (Requires root privileges.) --btmp-file path Alternate path for btmp. -c, --colon-separate Separate info about each user with a colon instead of a newline. -e, --export Output data in the format of NAME=VALUE. -f, --failed Display data about the users' last failed login attempts. -G, --supp-groups Show information about supplementary groups. -g, --groups=groups Only show data of users belonging to groups. More than one group may be specified; the list has to be comma-separated. Note that relation between user and group may be invisible for primary group if the user is not explicitly specify as group member (e.g. in /etc/group). If the command lslogins scans for groups than it uses groups database only, and user database with primary GID is not used at all. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -L, --last Display data containing information about the users' last login sessions. -l, --logins=logins Only show data of users with a login specified in logins (user names or user IDS). More than one login may be specified; the list has to be comma-separated. -n, --newline Display each piece of information on a separate line. --noheadings Do not print a header line. --notruncate Don't truncate output. -o, --output list Specify which output columns to print. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. -p, --pwd Display information related to login by password (see also -afL). -r, --raw Raw output (no columnation). -s, --system-accs Show system accounts. These are by default all accounts with a UID below 1000 (non-inclusive), with the exception of either nobody or nfsnobody (UID 65534). This hardcoded default maybe overwritten by parameters SYS_UID_MIN and SYS_UID_MAX in the file /etc/login.defs. --time-format type Display dates in short, full or iso format. The default is short, this time format is designed to be space efficient and human readable. -u, --user-accs Show user accounts. These are by default all accounts with UID above 1000 (inclusive), with the exception of either nobody or nfs- nobody (UID 65534). This hardcoded default maybe overwritten by parameters UID_MIN and UID_MAX in the file /etc/login.defs. -V, --version Display version information and exit. --wtmp-file path Alternate path for wtmp. -Z, --context Display the users' security context. -z, --print0 Delimit user entries with a nul character, instead of a newline. NOTES
The default UID thresholds are read from /etc/login.defs. EXIT STATUS
0 if OK, 1 if incorrect arguments specified, 2 if a serious error occurs (e.g. a corrupt log). SEE ALSO
group(5), passwd(5), shadow(5), utmp(5) HISTORY
The lslogins utility is inspired by the logins utility, which first appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
Ondrej Oprala <ooprala@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The lslogins command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux April 2014 LSLOGINS(1)