Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Want to split awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to split awk command Post 302827555 by mjf on Saturday 29th of June 2013 09:45:52 AM
Old 06-29-2013
Are you ending the line(s) with a backslash surrounded by single quotes (e.g. '\' ) instead of just the backslash (e.g. \)? It's impossible to tell what you did without seeing your code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to split in to 2 files

Hi, I have a problem in grepping a file for 2 strings and writing them to 2 appropriate files. I need to use the awk command and read the file only once and write to the appropriate file. My file is very huge in size and it is taking a long time using cat command and grep command. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_subra_mani
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk split

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this ? It does not produce anyoutput. awk 'split( "this:that", arr,":")' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to split file name

Hi I have few files with format access.2Nov-12:15AM. These files will be generated daily . I need to write a script so that if today's date is less than 10 then it has to zip the file and rename it to acess.02Nov-12:15AM.gz .please help me in this . Also please help me in splitting the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using awk command.

awk 'FNR == 1 { c = 1 } { print > (f c) } !FNR%n { close(f c); ++c }' n=$files_per_stream f=$input_path/filename_ $input_file $input_file with some records are splitted into files named filename_1,filename_2...etc according to $files_per_stream. Plz help me know how and if anyone has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split command to get the desired result

Dear all, I am using the awk 'split' command to get the particular value. FILE=InputFile_009_0.txt Temp=$(echo $FILE | awk '{split($FILE, a, "e_"); print a}') I would like to have the Temp take the value as : _009_0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
Tcl_Backslash(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						  Tcl_Backslash(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_Backslash - parse a backslash sequence SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> char Tcl_Backslash(src, countPtr) ARGUMENTS
char *src (in) Pointer to a string starting with a backslash. int *countPtr (out) If countPtr is not NULL, *countPtr gets filled in with number of characters in the backslash sequence, includ- ing the backslash character. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The use of Tcl_Backslash is deprecated in favor of Tcl_UtfBackslash. This is a utility procedure provided for backwards compatibility with non-internationalized Tcl extensions. It parses a backslash sequence and returns the low byte of the Unicode character corresponding to the sequence. Tcl_Backslash modifies *countPtr to contain the number of characters in the backslash sequence. See the Tcl manual entry for information on the valid backslash sequences. All of the sequences described in the Tcl manual entry are sup- ported by Tcl_Backslash. SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), Tcl_UtfBackslash(3) KEYWORDS
backslash, parse Tcl 8.1 Tcl_Backslash(3)