Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6 on Ultra 80 Post 302827541 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 29th of June 2013 08:38:26 AM
Old 06-29-2013
Why not a later Solaris?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Tape Drive Connected to a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7

I have a Sun Ultra 10/Solaris 2.7 with a differential SCSI card connected to a Supter DLt1 Tape Drive. When I boot the machine, and I do a probe-scsi-all in the very beginning of the boot process. It shows up correctly. If I wait for the boot process to proceed and then I do a probe-scsi-all, I get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing solaris 8 on no media Ultra 5 box

I'm a newbie to UNIX I just received an ultra 5 box that does not come with media. Before I received this box, I was told that it does not come with media. (I'm assuming that because it does not come with media, that is why when I turn on the system, nothing comes on the monitor. QUESTION 1:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted
8 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 2 Solaris 8

Sparc Ultra2: Notes prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz) System clock frequency: 99 MHz Memory size: 768 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ========================= Run Ecache CPU CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 30 Solaris 8

Sun Ultra30 Solaris 8 Notes: ... Results: System -- SunOS box 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-30 Start Benchmark Run: Fri Sep 12 11:59:12 EDT 2003 1 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables 502087.7 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Dhrystone 2 using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
2 Replies

5. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Ultra 4

Has anyone successfully tried installing Solaris 10 on an Ultra 4?? The machine in question has a 300MHz SPARCIIi CPU and 1 GB of RAM which - according to the SUN doco should be enough. However when I try and install it just hangs on the "configuring Devices" message. I left it overnight to see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris Ultra 10 Not booting!

Hello I have Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 7 installed on it. Sometimes back after that the machine use to get hang .Even after rebooting the system was not booting. I have manually switch on /off many times from the power board itself .Once in a while it use to boot .After... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Screen Resolution problem on Ultra 10 with Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 10 (SPARC) with Solaris 10 installed. The screen resolution is very poor and grainy which I have been unable to rectify. Every time I try to set the resolution I get the following: 'The XServer does not support the XRandR extension. Runtime resolution changes to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SUN ULTRA 45 - Solaris

hi, my sun box hangs- KEYBOARD not found. Using hyper link it boots and then hangs without able to access or get ok promt ----SCREEN SHOT AS-------------------------------------------------- ˙Loading onboard drivers: ebus i2c i2c i2c ppm /ebus@1f,464000: flashprom rtc serial serial env-monitor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathav22
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot install Sun Solaris 10 on Ultra 10

http://www.unix.com/images/smilies/mad.gif Hi, this is parameswar. I have two sun ultra 5/10 workstations processor is sparc IIi 440 and ram is 512 but without hard disk and cdrom so can i use seagate 40Gb and sony dvd writer which is presented in windows pc. Both are IDE cables. while I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parameswar
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)