Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Linux machine not coming up Post 302827515 by vamshigvk475 on Saturday 29th of June 2013 03:52:16 AM
Old 06-29-2013
RedHat Redhat Linux machine not coming up

We have a Redhat Enterprise Linux server which is not in production environment. Unfortunately it is not logging. How to trouble shoot it ?? How to know the exact problem ?
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux RedHat. Help please.

I from russia. install rus Linux RedHat. When i load linux it ask me for user name and pass... and up of ask form label: Welcome to localhost... dont remember... what i want write in it? (sorry, bad english..:( ).. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

typs of machine for REDHAT OS

Hello all, I'm currently looking at getting new server machine for my work. Unfortunately I don't have the time to check out types and performance issue with server machine, therefore I would like to ask if anyone has suggestion for server machine to be running Redhat AS version and type of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larryase
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat Linux?

I seen a pool that said Linux was the most popular Unix download. I then seen Redhat Linux is the most popular Linux download. Is there a difference? Is it the better program/s? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Tips to speed up Redhat linux machine

:confused:hi all, I run a virtual RedHat Linux 4.0 ES machine using VMWARE.I've allocated a RAM of 512Mb.Could you please provide suggestions/tips to get my machine to run faster.. Thanks in advance:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tj23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where to set the right "Apache" to run after reboot on a RedHat 5 machine ?!

Hi, I'am working on a RedHat server (V5) and having on it 2 Apache instances, but after each reboot i have the wrong one starting so that i have to stop it doing "httpd -k stop" and than launch the right one doing "/etc/init.d/httpd -k start". For more Details, you may see the link i inserted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

8. SuSE

Linux SLES Gui Not coming up

I had sles 11 sp2 installed on my system some days back and it was running fine. Today after I restarted my system the gui is not coming up and system starts in command terminal. sax2 command returns error: sax: gui is missing, starting command line interface sax: no x-server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
PREFIX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PREFIX(1)

NAME
prefix - Script that allows you to reconfigure environment variables for multiple installations of a set of software installed on the same machine SYNOPSIS
prefix DESCRIPTION
It is assumed that the software for each installation is all under a single directory whose name is assigned to an environment variable called PREFIX. This arrangement of enabling multiple installations of software on a single machine is useful at many times. On a single server, it can provide for development, test, and production installations of software. Alternatively, on development servers, it allows for multiple development "sandboxes", one for each developer. On production servers, it allows for multiple versions of the production software to be installed. One might be the currently running software, one the previous software kept online as a fall-back, and one a new release of software wich is scheduled to be brought online soon. There are three usages of the prefix script: (1) The interactive usage should be placed as the last line of a user's ".profile". The user must be running the Korn shell (ksh) or the Bourne Again shell (bash). The user is prompted to enter one of the known PREFIX locations, specified in the $HOME/.prefixes file or the /etc/prefixes file. During configuration, the $PREFIX/.prefixrc file is sourced in order to accomplish environment-specific configurations. (2) The non-interactive user configuration does not consult $HOME/.prefixes or /etc/prefixes or prompt the user, but merely configures the environment in accordance with the cmd line argument. (3) The batch command usage is mainly for running commands from cron or running commands in another environment without changing to that environment. Usage (1): . prefix (sets up environment) (2): . prefix <prefix> (non-interactive setup) (3): prefix <prefix> <cmd> <args> (runs cmd configured for PREFIX) This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. AUTHOR
Prefix was written by Stephen Adkins <spadkins@gmail.com>, and is part of the App-Options distribution. This manual page was written by Jotam Jr. Trejo <jotamjr@debian.org.sv>, for the Debian systems (but may be used by others). Oct 07, 2010 PREFIX(1)