Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get the current directory Path? Post 302827465 by Don Cragun on Friday 28th of June 2013 07:19:50 PM
Old 06-28-2013
Assuming that you're using a shell that recognizes basic Bourne shell syntax, try:
Code:
PS1='$PWD: '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about Restricting Search path of FIND to current directory

Hi, By default FIND command searches for matching files in all the subdirectories within the specified path. Is there a way to restrict FIND command's search path to only the specified directory and NOT TO scan its subdirectories. Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: super_duper_guy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want the current directory without the absolute path

Hi guys I'm trying to move an empty directory to the $TRASH directory. Say the directory i have is ./hello/hello1/hello2 and i'm in hello2, and i want hello2 moved. this code: TRASH=$home/deleted find "$TRASH/$1" -type d -exec rmdir { } \; 2>/dev/null mv -f $1 $TRASH 2>/dev/null works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olimiles
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list users current path

Looking for a command which shows the current path of other users. Similiar to the PWD command. Need to be able to see which part of the system the user is logged on to. Thanks G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gandalf77
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting the current directory path to terminal title

In ubuntu, I want to update the title of the terminal window with the current directory path. Any ideas how this can be achieved? ---------- Post updated at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:08 PM ---------- Done it ---------- Post updated at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
Bootloader::Path(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Bootloader::Path(3)

NAME
Bootloader::Path - abstraction of path constants PREFACE
This package provides path for configuration files. It is used to enable testing on created chroot. It is used only for internal purpose. SYNOPSIS
"use Bootloader::Path;" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Prefix ($path);" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Logname();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Fstab();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Sysconfig();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_menulst();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_devicemap();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_grubconf();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_grub();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_conf();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_efi();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_elilo();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Lilo_lilo();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Lilo_conf();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Zipl_conf();" "$path = Bootloader::Path::Zipl_zipl();" DESCRIPTION
"$path = Bootloader::Path::Prefix ($);" Add to absolute path prefix. Only internal function. Allways retuns correct value. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Logname();" Gets logname path. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Fstab();" Gets fstab path. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Sysconfig();" Gets path for bootloader sysconfig. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_menulst();" Gets path for grub configuration file menu.lst. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_devicemap();" Gets path for grub configuration file device.map. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_grubconf();" Gets path for grub configuration file grub.conf (this file contains commands for initialize bootloader). "$path = Bootloader::Path::Grub_grub();" Gets path for grub binary "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_conf();" Gets path of elilo configuration file. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_efi();" Gets path to efi directory. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Elilo_elilo();" Gets path to elilo binary. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Lilo_lilo();" Gets path to lilo(or powerlilo) binary. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Lilo_conf();" Gets path to lilo(or powerlilo) configuration file. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Zipl_conf();" Gets path to zipl configuration file. "$path = Bootloader::Path::Zipl_zipl();" Gets path to zipl binary. perl v5.12.1 2010-05-14 Bootloader::Path(3)