Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get the current directory Path? Post 302827459 by Abhishek0683 on Friday 28th of June 2013 07:03:26 PM
Old 06-28-2013
Wrench How to get the current directory Path?

How to get the current directory Path in your prompt?

i am getting a $ mark only in my prompt?

Please help me with this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about Restricting Search path of FIND to current directory

Hi, By default FIND command searches for matching files in all the subdirectories within the specified path. Is there a way to restrict FIND command's search path to only the specified directory and NOT TO scan its subdirectories. Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: super_duper_guy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want the current directory without the absolute path

Hi guys I'm trying to move an empty directory to the $TRASH directory. Say the directory i have is ./hello/hello1/hello2 and i'm in hello2, and i want hello2 moved. this code: TRASH=$home/deleted find "$TRASH/$1" -type d -exec rmdir { } \; 2>/dev/null mv -f $1 $TRASH 2>/dev/null works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olimiles
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list users current path

Looking for a command which shows the current path of other users. Similiar to the PWD command. Need to be able to see which part of the system the user is logged on to. Thanks G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gandalf77
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting the current directory path to terminal title

In ubuntu, I want to update the title of the terminal window with the current directory path. Any ideas how this can be achieved? ---------- Post updated at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:08 PM ---------- Done it ---------- Post updated at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
GRID-DEFAULT-CA(8)						  Globus Commands						GRID-DEFAULT-CA(8)

NAME
grid-default-ca - Select default CA for certificate requests SYNOPSIS
grid-default-ca [-help] [-h] [-usage] [-u] [-version] [-versions] grid-default-ca -list [-dir CA-DIRECTORY] grid-default-ca [-ca CA-HASH] [-dir CA-DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The grid-default-ca program sets the default certificate authority to use when the grid-cert-request script is run. The CA's certificate, configuration, and signing policy must be installed in the trusted certificate directory to be able to request certificates from that CA. Note that some CAs have different policies and use other tools to handle certificate requests. Please consult your CA's support staff if you unsure. The grid-default-ca is designed to work with CAs implemented using the globus_simple_ca package. By default, the grid-default-ca program displays a list of installed CA certificates and the prompts the user for which one to set as the default. If invoked with the -list command-line option, grid-default-ca will print the list and not prompt nor set the default CA. If invoked with the -ca option, it will not list or prompt, but set the default CA to the one with the hash that matches the CA-HASH argument to that option. If grid-default-ca is used to set the default CA, the caller of this program must have write permissions to the trusted certificate directory. The grid-default-ca program sets the CA in the one of the grid security directories. It looks in the directory named by the GRID_SECURITY_DIR environment, the X509_CERT_DIR, /etc/grid-security, and $GLOBUS_LOCATION/share/certificates. The full set of command-line options to grid-default-ca are: -help, -h, -usage, -u Display the command-line options to grid-default-ca and exit. -version, -versions Display the version number of the grid-default-ca command. The second form includes more details. -dir CA-DIRECTORY Use the trusted certificate directory named by CA-DIRECTORY instead of the default. -list Instead of changing the default CA, print out a list of all available CA certificates in the trusted certificate directory -ca CA-HASH Set the default CA without displaying the list of choices or prompting. The CA file named by CA-HASH must exist. EXAMPLES
List the contents of the trusted certificate directory that contain the string Example: % grid-default-ca | grep Example 15) cd1186ff - /DC=org/DC=Example/DC=Grid/CN=Example CA Choose that CA as the default: % grid-default-ca -ca cd1186ff setting the default CA to: /DC=org/DC=Example/DC=Grid/CN=Example CA linking /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-security.conf.cd1186ff to /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-security.conf linking /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-host-ssl.conf.cd1186ff to /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-host-ssl.conf linking /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-user-ssl.conf.cd1186ff to /etc/grid-security/certificates/grid-user-ssl.conf ...done. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-default-ca: GRID_SECURITY_DIRECTORY Path to the default trusted certificate directory. X509_CERT_DIR Path to the default trusted certificate directory. GLOBUS_LOCATION Path to the Globus Toolkit installation directory. BUGS
The grid-default-ca program displays CAs from all of the directories in its search list; however, grid-cert-request only uses the first which contains a grid security configuration. The grid-default-ca program may display the same CA multiple times if it is located in multiple directories in its search path. However, it does not provide any information about which one would actually be used by the grid-cert-request command. SEE ALSO
grid-cert-request(1) AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.1 03/22/2010 GRID-DEFAULT-CA(8)