Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with SMC after applying Patchset 1-148888-03 Post 302827423 by DGPickett on Friday 28th of June 2013 04:13:46 PM
Old 06-28-2013
https://updates.oracle.com/readme/10_Recommended
148888-03 Obsoleted by: 148888-04 SunOS 5.10: kernel patch

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SMC Help Please

We changed our root password on one of our Master NIS machines. We tried going into the SMC after the password change and it keeps failing for root login. I can login to the server via the root account. Just cannot open the SMC with the root account. This user is required to manage the users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Smc

When I start SMC IT still doesnot work .It still remain configuration and don't change to welcome screen Please help me :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Jass & SMC login problem

After I run Jass , I can bring up the SMC GUI, but it wont let me log in as root. It works without Jass being run. Does anyone know what in Jass disables this. I have tried removing some things from jass like remote-root-login to no avail. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I ram running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garydeena
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc problem

Hello, I've a Solaris 10. When I attemp to run SMC and click somthing there (for example "system information") , an error message is shown on the screen and says me WBEM is not running. (But actually WBEM is working). It says "if WBEM runing, I should stop/start wbem and try again." but I do it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

5. Solaris

A little help with SMC

I installed the smc and now I'm getting the below error when i try to access it via web. Apache Tomcat/4.0.5 - HTTP Status 404 - /smconsole.jnlp The service Apache2 is in maintenance mode and I can't get it online. Can someone help with this please? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

New Patchset

Does anyone know what is going on with Solaris 10 and oracle? I am unable to download any new patchset, says I do not have permissions any longer . I am unable to get a response from them. Reason I ask, is that we had no warning, and company has a contract? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
cvc(7D) 							      Devices								   cvc(7D)

NAME
cvc - virtual console driver DESCRIPTION
The cvc virtual console driver is a STREAMS-based pseudo driver that supports the network console. The cvc driver interfaces with con- sole(7D). Logically, the cvc driver sits below the console driver. It redirects console output to the cvcredir(7D) driver if a network console con- nection is active. If a network console connection is not active, it redirects console output to an internal hardware interface. The cvc driver receives console input from cvcredir and internal hardware and passes it to the process associated with /dev/console. NOTES
The cvc facility supersedes the SunOS wscons(7D) facility, which should not be used in conjunction with cvc. The wscons driver is use- ful for systems with directly attached consoles (frame buffers and keyboards), but is not useful with platforms using cvc, which have no local keyboard or frame buffer. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 servers, Sun | | |Fire 15000 servers | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +--------------------+--------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cvcd(1M), attributes(5), console(7D), cvcredir(7D), wscons(7D) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual Sun System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual SunOS 5.10 15 Sep 2000 cvc(7D)