Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 9 ndd -set issues
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 ndd -set issues Post 302827395 by br1an on Friday 28th of June 2013 03:15:37 PM
Old 06-28-2013
Rebooting the server now is not an option.
The Solaris machine does not have the ce0.conf file.
I asked someone to look at the Cisco switch and he says everything seems fine.
I do not have access to the site yet, guess I will have to ask someone to look at the cables.
any second guesses?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ndd and le1

I am trying to set an interface to 100/Full, but the command I use are getting rejected. I think it is the last argument, but I don't know how to find the correct values. I am trying to use the following script, but change hme to le . echo "Setting hme interface 1: 100mb/full-duplex..." ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ndd help

Hi Guys, I need help with ndd. I was going through network FAQ but i have more questions then answers regarding ndd. #ndd -set /dev/hme instance 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100fdx_cap 1 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100hdx_cap 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10fdx_cap 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10hdx_cap 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Questions related to ndd commands

Hello Gurus I would like to know more about ndd commands related to ethernet(NIC) like how to set link_status, link_speed & link_mode as I know how to check these value. And I also would like to know how to make these setting permanents after reboot as I know that these setting will vanish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
5 Replies

4. Solaris

ndd matters

Hi, I would like to know whether there is any config file that i can refer to for the result of 'ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval'? When i man 'ndd', there is one statement which is -> Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Does it answering my question above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
3 Replies

5. Solaris

ndd /dev/tcp help

Solaris 10 server (SunOS 5.10 Generic_137137_09) I have a services file configured in /etc in there windows clients connect to my server on port 6034-6037 when I do the following netstat | grep TestServices it pulls all the connections active for those ports so right now I have 10 clients... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param

Following command was set up in startup script on Solaris 8 servers - improved network transfers of files from one server to the another (doubled transfer speed). ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_host_param '10.140.20.10 sendspace 279600 recvspace 279600 timestamp 1' Now they are getting a new server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
15 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 vs Solaris 10 compatibility issues !

Hello, I recently upgraded our system from Solaris 8 to 10. It seems couple of binaries crashed in the new server Solaris 10. Before digging too much on it , from theory it sounds like any binary that is built on Solaris 8 (using gmake) is supposed to be compatible with Solaris 10 , right ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nLocal sendmail issues when hostname not set in official domain name

Hi, I'm having issues with sendmail when I try to send host to host mail. I've had to change the "my official domain name" line to mycompany.com to get the mails through the external spam filter, when a mail was sent with hostname.mycompany.com it was blocked. I had to change the Dj macro... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Ndd adv_autoneg_cap showing read only

Hi, Recently, I had to disable autoneg in one of my servers having ixgbe1 interface. While using below command I got "Permission denied" error: ndd -set /dev/ixgbe1 adv_autoneg_cap 0 On investigating further I found that adv_autoneg_cap is showing as read-only parameter. Although it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)