Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with SMC after applying Patchset 1-148888-03 Post 302827363 by Wraith_G2IC on Friday 28th of June 2013 01:48:00 PM
Old 06-28-2013
Question Problem with SMC after applying Patchset 1-148888-03

Here is the problem:

I have several servers that now have been updated from PatchSet # 147440-19 to PatchSet # 148888-03.

The servers range from:
(1) SunFire T2000
(3) Enterprise T5140
(2) Enterprise T5220

Solaris 10 08/11 u10 on 1 and u7 on the others.

After the patch is applied I can no longer use the SMC tool to manage users. The tool launches fine, and comes up, but once you try to select users (local) or users (NIS+) in a toolbox there is a Java exception thrown. I have also tried several other options within the SMC, and I get several different errors with the same basic error as this one.

Error box pop up:
RMI_ERR: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.admin.usermgr.server.SecurityService_Agent

Next pop up:
The authenticated user does not have rights to use this tool.
See your system or security administrator.

There is a large error on the command line that I can not post as it is on an isolated network.

I will reproduce some of it:

Code:
# smc
com.sun.management.viper.VException: RMI_ERR: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.management.viperimpl.services.authorization.AuthorizeService_Agenet
at com.sun.management.viperimpl.client.ViperClient.getServiceByName(ViperClient.java:886)

This previously worked with PatchSet 147440-19 installed, but now it doesn't.

I apologize if I have forgotten something important. Let me know if further info is needed. Extensive Google searching has not really turned up anything that useful. It seems like there is some sort of permission, or role change that is preventing this from working.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-29-2013 at 01:22 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SMC Help Please

We changed our root password on one of our Master NIS machines. We tried going into the SMC after the password change and it keeps failing for root login. I can login to the server via the root account. Just cannot open the SMC with the root account. This user is required to manage the users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Smc

When I start SMC IT still doesnot work .It still remain configuration and don't change to welcome screen Please help me :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Jass & SMC login problem

After I run Jass , I can bring up the SMC GUI, but it wont let me log in as root. It works without Jass being run. Does anyone know what in Jass disables this. I have tried removing some things from jass like remote-root-login to no avail. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I ram running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garydeena
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smc problem

Hello, I've a Solaris 10. When I attemp to run SMC and click somthing there (for example "system information") , an error message is shown on the screen and says me WBEM is not running. (But actually WBEM is working). It says "if WBEM runing, I should stop/start wbem and try again." but I do it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
0 Replies

5. Solaris

A little help with SMC

I installed the smc and now I'm getting the below error when i try to access it via web. Apache Tomcat/4.0.5 - HTTP Status 404 - /smconsole.jnlp The service Apache2 is in maintenance mode and I can't get it online. Can someone help with this please? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies

7. Solaris

New Patchset

Does anyone know what is going on with Solaris 10 and oracle? I am unable to download any new patchset, says I do not have permissions any longer . I am unable to get a response from them. Reason I ask, is that we had no warning, and company has a contract? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)