Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to list file size on HPUX? Post 302827329 by rbatte1 on Friday 28th of June 2013 12:17:18 PM
Old 06-28-2013
I suppose I may well be err-ing on the caution side from normally using wc -l and counting lines, rather than characters. I know that can take a long time, so I just assumed.

I suppose that to assume makes an ass from u and me.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List File size

Hello all, I have a directory filling up. I need to determine the size of the files in the directory. How do I do that, what command should I run when I am in the directory? Next question, can I expand the partition size? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

command to list file size

I'm new to HP-UX and am looking for the command that will allow to me determine the total size of listed files. I'm being told that my backup selection is exceeding my tape drive size and need to determine how much information is being backed up. Help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgordon
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total file size of a subset list

Hello! I'm trying to find out the total file size of a subset list in a directory. For example, I do not need to know the total file size of all the files in a directory, but I need to know what the total size is of say, "ls -l *FEB08*" in a directory. Is there any easy way of doing this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list a file size, but not its name?

If I have a file x.txt that is 8 bytes... I want to enter >> x.txt 8 I've played around with ls, and du... and they always list the file name. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ordano
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort by size, then list file in each directory

Hi, I have directories with name like: aaa bbb ccc ... I would like to to see which directories are the largest and then list the files within each. I have success using: du -ks * | sort -rin | head -n 20 which gives me an output like: 120 bbb 27 ccc 3 aaa ... I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChatPerdu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to add the size of the selected list of file

i have a files in the dir as below. ls -lR ./.snapshot 5649600512 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080707 6006923264 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080708 5321129984 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080709 6686597120 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080710 7312855040 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set block size for CPIO in HPUX

Hi, One of our internal tool runs cpio command to archive certain files, but I receive an error as follows. CPIO Failure (operation would block) When i debugged, i assume that this an error due to block size.. My question are, How to find the block size in HP-UX?? How to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file size for a list of files with paths

Hello, I have a flat file with a list of files with the path to the file and I am attempting to calculate the filesize for each one; however xargs isn't playing nicely and I am sure there is probably a better way of doing this. What I envisioned is this: cat filename|xargs -i ls -l {} |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe8mofo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

List of file name with size

how to get the file name list with size descriptive in hp-ux Required output: permission link user group size(with MB,KB,GB etc) date time name (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
7 Replies
X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb(3SSL)				      OpenSSL					X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb(3SSL)

NAME
X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb - set verification callback SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/x509_vfy.h> void X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb(X509_STORE_CTX *ctx, int (*verify_cb)(int ok, X509_STORE_CTX *ctx)); DESCRIPTION
X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb() sets the verification callback of ctx to verify_cb overwriting any existing callback. The verification callback can be used to customise the operation of certificate verification, either by overriding error conditions or logging errors for debugging purposes. However a verification callback is not essential and the default operation is often sufficient. The ok parameter to the callback indicates the value the callback should return to retain the default behaviour. If it is zero then and error condition is indicated. If it is 1 then no error occurred. If the flag X509_V_FLAG_NOTIFY_POLICY is set then ok is set to 2 to indicate the policy checking is complete. The ctx parameter to the callback is the X509_STORE_CTX structure that is performing the verification operation. A callback can examine this structure and receive additional information about the error, for example by calling X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert(). Additional application data can be passed to the callback via the ex_data mechanism. WARNING
In general a verification callback should NOT unconditionally return 1 in all circumstances because this will allow verification to succeed no matter what the error. This effectively removes all security from the application because any certificate (including untrusted generated ones) will be accepted. NOTES
The verification callback can be set and inherited from the parent structure performing the operation. In some cases (such as S/MIME verification) the X509_STORE_CTX structure is created and destroyed internally and the only way to set a custom verification callback is by inheriting it from the associated X509_STORE. RETURN VALUES
X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb() does not return a value. EXAMPLES
Default callback operation: int verify_callback(int ok, X509_STORE_CTX *ctx) { return ok; } Simple example, suppose a certificate in the chain is expired and we wish to continue after this error: int verify_callback(int ok, X509_STORE_CTX *ctx) { /* Tolerate certificate expiration */ if (X509_STORE_CTX_get_error(ctx) == X509_V_ERR_CERT_HAS_EXPIRED) return 1; /* Otherwise don't override */ return ok; } More complex example, we don't wish to continue after any certificate has expired just one specific case: int verify_callback(int ok, X509_STORE_CTX *ctx) { int err = X509_STORE_CTX_get_error(ctx); X509 *err_cert = X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert(ctx); if (err == X509_V_ERR_CERT_HAS_EXPIRED) { if (check_is_acceptable_expired_cert(err_cert) return 1; } return ok; } Full featured logging callback. In this case the bio_err is assumed to be a global logging BIO, an alternative would to store a BIO in ctx using ex_data. int verify_callback(int ok, X509_STORE_CTX *ctx) { X509 *err_cert; int err,depth; err_cert = X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert(ctx); err = X509_STORE_CTX_get_error(ctx); depth = X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth(ctx); BIO_printf(bio_err,"depth=%d ",depth); if (err_cert) { X509_NAME_print_ex(bio_err, X509_get_subject_name(err_cert), 0, XN_FLAG_ONELINE); BIO_puts(bio_err, " "); } else BIO_puts(bio_err, "<no cert> "); if (!ok) BIO_printf(bio_err,"verify error:num=%d:%s ",err, X509_verify_cert_error_string(err)); switch (err) { case X509_V_ERR_UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT: BIO_puts(bio_err,"issuer= "); X509_NAME_print_ex(bio_err, X509_get_issuer_name(err_cert), 0, XN_FLAG_ONELINE); BIO_puts(bio_err, " "); break; case X509_V_ERR_CERT_NOT_YET_VALID: case X509_V_ERR_ERROR_IN_CERT_NOT_BEFORE_FIELD: BIO_printf(bio_err,"notBefore="); ASN1_TIME_print(bio_err,X509_get_notBefore(err_cert)); BIO_printf(bio_err," "); break; case X509_V_ERR_CERT_HAS_EXPIRED: case X509_V_ERR_ERROR_IN_CERT_NOT_AFTER_FIELD: BIO_printf(bio_err,"notAfter="); ASN1_TIME_print(bio_err,X509_get_notAfter(err_cert)); BIO_printf(bio_err," "); break; case X509_V_ERR_NO_EXPLICIT_POLICY: policies_print(bio_err, ctx); break; } if (err == X509_V_OK && ok == 2) /* print out policies */ BIO_printf(bio_err,"verify return:%d ",ok); return(ok); } SEE ALSO
X509_STORE_CTX_get_error(3) X509_STORE_set_verify_cb_func(3) X509_STORE_CTX_get_ex_new_index(3) HISTORY
X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb() is available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 X509_STORE_CTX_set_verify_cb(3SSL)