Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to list file size on HPUX? Post 302827313 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of June 2013 12:03:34 PM
Old 06-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
This may run faster for larger files as ls reads the directory, where wc will actually read the whole file.
This is implementation-dependent, many will not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List File size

Hello all, I have a directory filling up. I need to determine the size of the files in the directory. How do I do that, what command should I run when I am in the directory? Next question, can I expand the partition size? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

command to list file size

I'm new to HP-UX and am looking for the command that will allow to me determine the total size of listed files. I'm being told that my backup selection is exceeding my tape drive size and need to determine how much information is being backed up. Help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgordon
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total file size of a subset list

Hello! I'm trying to find out the total file size of a subset list in a directory. For example, I do not need to know the total file size of all the files in a directory, but I need to know what the total size is of say, "ls -l *FEB08*" in a directory. Is there any easy way of doing this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list a file size, but not its name?

If I have a file x.txt that is 8 bytes... I want to enter >> x.txt 8 I've played around with ls, and du... and they always list the file name. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ordano
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort by size, then list file in each directory

Hi, I have directories with name like: aaa bbb ccc ... I would like to to see which directories are the largest and then list the files within each. I have success using: du -ks * | sort -rin | head -n 20 which gives me an output like: 120 bbb 27 ccc 3 aaa ... I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChatPerdu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to add the size of the selected list of file

i have a files in the dir as below. ls -lR ./.snapshot 5649600512 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080707 6006923264 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080708 5321129984 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080709 6686597120 ./.snapshot/backup/data20080710 7312855040 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set block size for CPIO in HPUX

Hi, One of our internal tool runs cpio command to archive certain files, but I receive an error as follows. CPIO Failure (operation would block) When i debugged, i assume that this an error due to block size.. My question are, How to find the block size in HP-UX?? How to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file size for a list of files with paths

Hello, I have a flat file with a list of files with the path to the file and I am attempting to calculate the filesize for each one; however xargs isn't playing nicely and I am sure there is probably a better way of doing this. What I envisioned is this: cat filename|xargs -i ls -l {} |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe8mofo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

List of file name with size

how to get the file name list with size descriptive in hp-ux Required output: permission link user group size(with MB,KB,GB etc) date time name (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
7 Replies
NAMED-CHECKCONF(8)						       BIND9							NAMED-CHECKCONF(8)

NAME
named-checkconf - named configuration file syntax checking tool SYNOPSIS
named-checkconf [-h] [-v] [-j] [-t directory] {filename} [-p] [-z] DESCRIPTION
named-checkconf checks the syntax, but not the semantics, of a named configuration file. The file is parsed and checked for syntax errors, along with all files included by it. If no file is specified, /etc/named.conf is read by default. Note: files that named reads in separate parser contexts, such as rndc.key and bind.keys, are not automatically read by named-checkconf. Configuration errors in these files may cause named to fail to run, even if named-checkconf was successful. named-checkconf can be run on these files explicitly, however. OPTIONS
-h Print the usage summary and exit. -t directory Chroot to directory so that include directives in the configuration file are processed as if run by a similarly chrooted named. -v Print the version of the named-checkconf program and exit. -p Print out the named.conf and included files in canonical form if no errors were detected. -z Perform a test load of all master zones found in named.conf. -j When loading a zonefile read the journal if it exists. filename The name of the configuration file to be checked. If not specified, it defaults to /etc/named.conf. RETURN VALUES
named-checkconf returns an exit status of 1 if errors were detected and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
named(8), named-checkzone(8), BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Internet Software Consortium. BIND9 June 14, 2000 NAMED-CHECKCONF(8)