Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question Post 302827249 by dr1zzt3r on Friday 28th of June 2013 09:11:35 AM
Old 06-28-2013
Just tried logger and it triggers the alert in the messages. I did not know *.info means to log everything info or above. Thanks a log guys for the help, I got the answer I was looking for Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove the encryption from Data CDs by UNIX? Or does anyone know of a program that can remove the encryption? I would much appreciate it! Thanks, -Peaves (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peaves
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if then else question

I am having trouble making this statement work. I am passing in a number value for the number of days to keep archive logs for and wanted to make sure that it is a number. I have a script that will return 1 for is a number and 0 for is not a number. I also want to make sure that the number is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR question (probably a very simple answer)

Hi All, I have a (probably) very simple tar question on a Solaris box that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. After repeatedly checking man tar and searching for solutions online (I'm not sure of the correct "keywords" to look for) The question is: If I were to use the command:tar cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple(?) if/else question

Hello, I have a quick question that is not related to homework in any way shape or form (in case anyone wanted to know). My question is thus: I have a file "temp" that has the two values say "5" and "3" (separated by a white space). Now, I want to simply write an if-else statement that reads... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question

Hi, guys, I'm a new comer here. I'm studying Unix Shell and I met a problem confusing me a lot. Here it is : script 1: #!/bin/sh # scriptname : do_increment increment(){ sum=`expr $1 + 1` return $sum # Return the value of sum to the script. } echo -n "The sum is " increment $1 # Call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question

Sorry for stupid question, but why this script gives that output? $ awk 'BEGIN { well=56789; print 1234$well }' 1234 I expected 123456789 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: silyin
9 Replies
gsscred.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   gsscred.conf(4)

NAME
gsscred.conf - Generic Security Services credential configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/gss/gsscred.conf DESCRIPTION
The gsscred.conf file contains GSS credential information including options that can be set by the system administrator. The options that are in this file include: SYSLOG_UID_MAPPING=yes If this option is set to yes, GSS cred to Unix cred mapping results will be logged to syslog(3C) at level auth.debug. FILES
/etc/gss/gsscred.conf Contains GSS credential information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gsscred(1M), gssd(1M), syslog(3C), krb5.conf(4), SEAM(5), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 2004 gsscred.conf(4)