Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL Deny for large IP Scope
Special Forums IP Networking ACL Deny for large IP Scope Post 302827065 by BobSpero on Thursday 27th of June 2013 09:22:51 PM
Old 06-27-2013
ACL Deny for large IP Scope

I have a large scope of 7,700 IPs that I want my proxy to allow and block everything else. Is such a large block possible with Squid?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet deny

Hi all I'm using an AIX 5 machine. I'm trying to telnet from this machine to another Aix machine. When I use the "root" user - Everything works. I can telnet successfully the other machine When I use another user but root - I can't telnet the machine: noah@logist:/home/noah>telnet aixtst... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp allow/deny list

OK, let see, i have a Tru64 Unix and need to know how the list of ftp users works and in /etc/ftpusers we have the unauthorized users but when we create a new user i want this users put automatic for deny access ..... where i set when creation of users action put automatic the user in that file?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbendek
1 Replies

3. Programming

scope

Each thread has a copy of auto variables within a function, but variables declared as static within a function are common to all threads. To circumvent this can static variables be placed outside the function. If so, will the scope of the variable be file only or will it be extern, and will each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
7 Replies

4. AIX

Deny root rlogin

Hi, I have to forbid root-logins on all my servers, expect from two machines, these 2 machines login with root without a password it was quite easy with ssh, but I have a problem regarding rsh/rlogin, an there are a lot of rsh jobs, so it would take a lot of time to change all this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

5. AIX

allow / deny root logins

Hello everyone I have to limit the root logins on my aix box (aix 5.3) I change the value on the /etc/security/user default (login and rlogin) change to false and add to root (rlogin and login = false) I tried in different ways but I got the same. Root still can login I try algo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.deny entry

Hello I want to block individuals who attempt to use ssh to loggon to one of my machines from a certain IP address. I added the following entry in hosts.deny. Will the entry do what I want to do? ssh: 202.111.128.225 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. AIX

Does ACL can only grant/deny access for specific command?

Dear AIX/UNIX experts: I have a demand to restricted a file to be copy by others, but this file must can be read by others/Applications. As I tried, the chmod command cannot fulfill this requirement. But not sure if the ACL can achieve this function or not ? Could anybody give me your... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
8 Replies

8. AIX

Deny rsh,tn,or rlogin

Is there a way to deny access to a specific remote login option. example: usera--deny telnet access but keep rsh and rlogin userb--keeps telnet, rsh, and rlogin I'm basically trying to contol the access per services instead of changing the LOGIN REMOTELY(rsh,tn,rlogin) option to yes or no. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deny messages for a session

I do not want to be interrupted with any messages. How do I set my session to deny messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beelifter
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts.deny

Hi there, For /etc/hosts.deny was it used to deny access from the internet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
cachemgr.cgi(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   cachemgr.cgi(8)

NAME
cachemgr.cgi - squid HTTP proxy manager interface SYNOPSIS
http://your.server/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi DESCRIPTION
The cache manager (cachemgr.cgi) is a CGI utility for displaying statistics about the Squid HTTP proxy process as it runs. The cache man- ager is a convenient way to manage the cache and view statistics without logging into the server. FILES
./cachemgr.conf @DEFAULT_CACHEMGR_CONFIG@ The access configuration file defining which Squid servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line specifies a server:port followed by an optional description The server name may contain shell wildcard characters such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically con- structed from the simple server names. Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the target server. SECURITY
cachemgr.cgi calls the requested server on the requested port using HTTP and returns a formatted version of the response. To avoid abuse it is recommended to configure your web server to restrict access to the cachemgr.cgi program. Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found in the Squid FAQ. SEE ALSO
squid(8) The Squid FAQ, Chapter 9 The Cache Manager Squid Web Proxy 3.1.20 cachemgr.cgi(8)