Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ldapsearch command not exiting Post 302827051 by Just Ice on Thursday 27th of June 2013 07:59:42 PM
Old 06-27-2013
try running truss -p $ldapsearch_pid to see what the process is doing ... you might also want to snoop the network packets if you are allowed ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

ldapsearch doesnt work.

Hii All, I am using openldap v2.3 on redhat El-4. When i run ldapsearch it returns all the entries. The command runs successfully. But when I run the ldapsearch with following filter option it doesnt work and immediately returns to the shell. ldapsearch uidNumber>=2000 I've started slapd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script..invoking command and exiting at fixed intervals

Hi, I need to write a shell script. Based on command line param to script say demode=yes Need to run an ant command for an hour(configurable) Then exit Again run the ant command all this needs to be in a loop. Thanks in advance Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuak12
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch and XML

Hello all I would like to know if it's possible to extract users from Active Directory and parse the output to obtain a XML file with specific format. So the AD is a windows machine, and I would like to extract from a red hat linux serveur. I try ldapsearch command and ok I'm abble to extract... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

4. Programming

LDAPSEARCH in C

Hi all, I've been searching for ldapsearch function these few days. Still I couldn't found the solution. I would like to translate this query ldapsearch -x -LLL -h new_IP -p new_Port -D "cn=jw" -w "dummy" -b "id=2311,o=WC,c=jp" -s sub to ldap_search_ext_s() function in C program. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tailangong
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldapsearch bash script help

Hi there everyone. I'm trying to make a bash script that accepts some arguments ans give's back some info about LDAP users and servers. I have this function : has_group_access(){ result=$(ldapsearch -LLL "cn=${GROUP_NAME}" cn member | cut -d"," -f1 | cut -d":" -f2 | cut -d"=" -f2 | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theboogymaster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need assistance on using ldapsearch

Never knew of this command ldapsearch, but I would like to use it to lookup a single user and return where their office is. Is this possible? I'm totally starting from scratch. I already saw some of the gurus say read the man page, which is pretty greek when you don't know the details of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srhadden
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - running remote command not exiting

Hi, i have a shellscript, where in i need to connect to different server start these three jobs and exit from the server and start the same three jobs on local server. ssh user@remotehost 'bash -s' << EOF ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start1 & sleep 10 ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start2 & sleep 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapnabhargav
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Ldapsearch problem

Hi I'm not familiar with ldap and I hope someone to help me. I need to get some attribute value from ldap DB. When i run the following command is OK: ldapsearch -h localhost -p 16611 -x -D cn=user -w passwd -b msisdn=359502479649,dc=MSISDN,DC=C-NTDB "(objectClass=SUBINNSS)" refinmocNAME the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with output from ldapsearch command

Using ldapsearch, I've built the following command to get what I need. ldapsearch -x -LLL -E pr=200/noprompt -h abc-loc.somecompany.com -D "account@somecompany.com" -w password -b "ou=End Users,ou=Accounts,dc=abc,dc=somecompany,dc=com" -s sub '(distinguishedName=CN=Bob\\, Billy J,OU=End... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: who10
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parser ldapsearch to mysql

Hi, I'm trying to make a bash script to read LDAP (from MS active directory with ldapsearch), extract the fields 'mail', 'division', 'memberOf', 'userAccountControl', 'uidNumber', 'name', 'sAMAccountName' and save in a mysql database. I have extracted the fields with ldapsearch but I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: somachibun
2 Replies
execsnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     execsnoop(1m)

NAME
execsnoop - snoop new process execution. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
execsnoop [-a|-A|-ejhsvZ] [-c command] DESCRIPTION
execsnoop prints details of new processes as they are executed. Details such as UID, PID and argument listing are printed out. This program is very useful to examine short lived processes that would not normally appear in a prstat or "ps -ef" listing. Sometimes applications will run hundreds of short lived processes in their normal startup cycle, a behaviour that is easily monitored with execsnoop. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -A dump all data, space delimited -e safe output, parseable. This prevents the ARGS field containing " "s, to assist postprocessing. -j print project ID -s print start time, us -v print start time, string -Z print zonename -c command command name to snoop EXAMPLES
Default output, print processes as they are executed, # execsnoop Print human readable timestamps, # execsnoop -v Print zonename, # execsnoop -Z Snoop this command only, # execsnoop -c ls FIELDS
UID User ID PID Process ID PPID Parent Process ID COMM command name for the process ARGS argument listing for the process ZONE zonename PROJ project ID TIME timestamp for the exec event, us STRTIME timestamp for the exec event, string DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
execsnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.20 Jul 02, 2005 execsnoop(1m)