Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add newline character at end of file? Post 302826921 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 27th of June 2013 02:56:10 PM
Old 06-27-2013
Does the perl script really work?
IMHO should be
Code:
perl -p -e 's/\x0d$//'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add new line character at the end of a file

hi all, i have this question: How to add new line character at the end of a file???? i need this because i am loading a file to sybase and i have problems with the last record thanks for your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append newline at the file end

Hi All, Is there any way to append a newline character at the end of a file(coma-separated file), through shell script? I need to check whether newline character exists at the end of a file, if it does not then append it. Regards, Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a newline character at the end of filename

Hi All, I have named a file with current date,time and year as follows: month=`date | awk '{print $2}'` date=`date | awk '{print $3}'` year=`date | awk '{print $6}'` time=`date +%Hh_%Mm_%Ss'` filename="test_"$month"_"$date"_"$year"_"$time".txt" > $filename The file is created with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add character to the end of each line in file

hi all i have 32 lines in file. the length of each line is 82 , i want that in the end of each line , means in postion 83-84 to put two characters 0d(=\015), 0a(=\012) i want that the 0d will be in postion 83 and the 0a will be in postion 84 in each line of the file how shall i do it ? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add character to every end-of line in file

Hi All I have a file which conatins record.the length of every records is 47. problem : in the end of record i don't have a "\015" character. i want to add this "\015" charcter in the end of every record. the file contains something like 700 records. i've tried with sed command - nothing. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add newline before and after a special character?

So I have a file that contains >NM_#########AUGCAUCGUAGCUAGUCGAUACUGGACUG>NM_########AUGAGUAUGUAUGAUGUAUGUAUGA where # is any digit 0-9 (the text is many repetitions of the pattern above, not just that, but all in one line), and I want it to show >NM_#########... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending newline character End of File

Hi Gurus, Need help. I'm a beginner in Unix. I have a requirement, need to add or append newline (\n) character in file. Sample Data: 1|Main|Test|~# 2|Main|Hello|~# 3|Main|Unix|~# 4|Main|File|~#Output: 1|Main|Test|~# 2|Main|Hello|~# 3|Main|Unix|~# 4|Main|File|~#\n -- append only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gouri Solleti
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Warning while sorting : A newline character was added to the end of file

Hi, I am trying to sort a csv file which has say 10 lines each line having a row size that is upto 30183 no. of COLUMNS (Row length = 30183). There is a LINE FEED (LF) at the end of each line. When I try to sort this file say, based on the second FIELD using the below command, sort -t ',' +1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DHeisenberg
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

No newline at end of file

Hello all, I have maybe a simple Problem - but I do not know to handle it. All what I want, is to write a line to file without a newline at the end. It works with "echo -n" for all lines, but not for the last one. At the end of the file is always a "0a" (hex) My small script: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline character if it is the only character in the entire file.?

I have a file which comes every day and the file data look's as below. Vi abc.txt a|b|c|d\n a|g|h|j\n Some times we receive the file with only a new line character in the file like vi abc.txt \n (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rak Kundra
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)