Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [ksh93+] Array fed by function is empty when used in main. Post 302826885 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 27th of June 2013 02:02:49 PM
Old 06-27-2013
Hi,
Code:
fct $OneIteration &

will get executed in a subshell in the background, so any assigned values will be lost, once it finishes..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ calling main() function

i just finished a project for a c++ class that i wrote at home on my computer, compiled with gcc. when i brought the code into school it would not compile, it would complain that cannot call main() function. at school we use ancient borland c++ from 1995. anyway my program has 20 different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange array handling in ksh93

I wrote a script in ksh93 (the OS is AIX 5.2, ML7), which failed to run. After some testing i found out why, but the answer is a bit dissatisfying. Look for yourself: #!/bin/ksh93 # --------- Step Names typeset achStepName="foo" typeset achStepName="bar" typeset achStepName="fubar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

3. Programming

main function

Is it possible to execute any function before main() function in C or C++. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
6 Replies

4. Programming

signal handling while in a function other than main

Hi, I have a main loop which calls a sub loop, which finally returns to the main loop itself. The main loop runs when a flag is set. Now, I have a signal handler for SIGINT, which resets the flag and thus stops the main loop. Suppose I send SIGINT while the program is in subloop, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Theju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating variables declared in the main function

Hi! I've a C program as shown below.. The line numbers and the statements of the program are separated by a space.. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 char a,b,c; 3 float x,y,z; 4 int main() 5 { 6 int d,e,f; 7 // further declarations 8 // further declarations 9 /* body*/ 10 } 11 void fun1() 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to access argv[x] from another function other than main???

Hi friends, when I am passing arguments to main, I want another function to be able to have access to that function, the problem is that I am creating athread, which has a function like void *xyz(void *), how can pass the refernce of argv to this function, if you see my program, you will better... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. Programming

Function main returning int?

H friends, As we know, a function returns a value and that value is saved somwhere. like int Sum( int x, int y ) { return x + y; } Total = Sum( 10, 20 ); The value 30 is saved in variable Total. Now the question is, what int value does the function main return, and where is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

8. Programming

A single statement without main function in c

A sample.c file is written with only one single statement. main; Segmentation fault occurred when executed that file. Any statement other than main; is written, for example unix; then it won't compile. why is this behaviour ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A function that refuses to run anywhere else but main()

Hi. I have some code, that for some reason, I could not post it here in this post. Here's the address for it: #if 0 shc Version 4.0.1, Generic Shell Script Compiler GNU GPL Version 3 Md - Pastebin.com First off, I used "shc" to convert the code from shell script to C. And The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)