Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris version issue
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris version issue Post 302826833 by Vishal Baghla on Thursday 27th of June 2013 11:49:01 AM
Old 06-27-2013
Oracle Solaris version issue

Hi Friends,

I am new in solaris. yesterday i installed solaris in VM. now while installing weblogic setup(.bin) its giving me Invalid argument error.

after some google i have two points in my mind

1) i am using solaris on intel machine. thats why i am facing this issue. If answer is yes then what is solution

2) i have different bit of solaris os. i used uname -a output is
SunOS Vishal 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc
What is meaning of Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc

Please help....i know i dont know answer of simple question...but please help

Regards
Vishal Baghla

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris version

Hi all, a stupid question about a command to check the Solaris Version, I'm working on Solaris 10 and I need to check that the Version is " 10 " with a UNIX command. I just used " uname -a " command but I had this result: SunOS dev510 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash version or string issue

Hi all, I'm not sure but I guess, that is a bash version issue. The script working fine on "GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release Ubuntu". #!/bin/bash while IFS=">" read a id val do if ] then VAL=${id%<*}; ID=${id#*</} echo $VAL echo $ID sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
5 Replies

3. AIX

Port hang issue in AIX Version 5.3

On AIX platform we are having Weblogic 8.1 as the middleware for an application. The application is deployed in Weblogic on AIX platform and the server is having 2 dedicated listening ports for any incoming requests. Output for netstat -an command for the port 30001 is as follows:- tcp4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: subharai
7 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

issue regarding telnet on solaris(9 version)

hi this is hrushi i have issue regarding solaris(9 version) when i telnet from solaris to linux machine it displaying message like connection closed by forine host ...when i telnet from linux to solaris its working fine ...help me its urgent and i'm new to solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghrushi84
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris version confusion

Hello sorry for this stupid question - but i have a Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b server - and i dont know, what does this versioninfo "10/08 u6" mean - i think it is the version from installdate. but i often installed recommendet patchsets - i think a patchset doesn´t change the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roorbacj
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 5.10 repository issue - desktop version

this is proving to be a real pain to set up. i recently installed red hat 5.10 desktop version. install went well. i've registered my system, but i cant seem to yum install simple packages. i can install some packages, but many others i cant. for instance, i cant do a: yum install php ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backward compatibility issue with GNU bash, version 4.3.42(5)

Hi, I have made a snake game on below bash version. But it is not backward compatible. Can someone suggest a version which is most commonly used and is backward compatible so that i can change my code and share again? I have attached the game script. If someone can run it please also suggest... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)