Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question Post 302826831 by rbatte1 on Thursday 27th of June 2013 11:43:23 AM
Old 06-27-2013
Can you paste the content of syslog.conf without the comments?
Code:
grep -v "^#" /etc/syslog.conf

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove the encryption from Data CDs by UNIX? Or does anyone know of a program that can remove the encryption? I would much appreciate it! Thanks, -Peaves (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peaves
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris JumpStarting?... Simple Yes/No Question... Unless the answer's 'No'

I'm reading through this guide, BigAdmin Feature Article: Using Solaris JumpStart With the Solaris 10 OS for x86/x64 Platforms, and I was wondering if there was more to the bash scripts than just the example given (see above link) like for begin1 and begin2 and finish1 and finish2. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if then else question

I am having trouble making this statement work. I am passing in a number value for the number of days to keep archive logs for and wanted to make sure that it is a number. I have a script that will return 1 for is a number and 0 for is not a number. I also want to make sure that the number is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR question (probably a very simple answer)

Hi All, I have a (probably) very simple tar question on a Solaris box that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. After repeatedly checking man tar and searching for solutions online (I'm not sure of the correct "keywords" to look for) The question is: If I were to use the command:tar cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple(?) if/else question

Hello, I have a quick question that is not related to homework in any way shape or form (in case anyone wanted to know). My question is thus: I have a file "temp" that has the two values say "5" and "3" (separated by a white space). Now, I want to simply write an if-else statement that reads... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very simple question

Hi, guys, I'm a new comer here. I'm studying Unix Shell and I met a problem confusing me a lot. Here it is : script 1: #!/bin/sh # scriptname : do_increment increment(){ sum=`expr $1 + 1` return $sum # Return the value of sum to the script. } echo -n "The sum is " increment $1 # Call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question

Sorry for stupid question, but why this script gives that output? $ awk 'BEGIN { well=56789; print 1234$well }' 1234 I expected 123456789 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: silyin
9 Replies
drd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   drd(1M)

NAME
drd - Logical Domain Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ldoms/drd DESCRIPTION
The drd daemon is part of the framework that enables the addition and removal of resources from a Logical Domain. This framework is collec- tively called Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR). drd is responsible for various aspects of DR on a Logical Domain and must be enabled to ensure proper DR functionality. It is started at boot time and has no configuration options. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWldomu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), syslog(3C), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) ERRORS
drd uses syslog(3C) to report status and error messages. All of the messages are logged with the LOG_DAEMON facility. Error messages are logged with the LOG_ERR and LOG_NOTICE priorities, and informational messages are logged with the LOG_INFO priority. The default entries in the /etc/syslog.conf file log all the drd error messages to the /var/adm/messages log. NOTES
The drd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4v/drd:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2006 drd(1M)