Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pegging counter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pegging counter Post 302826809 by vanand420 on Thursday 27th of June 2013 09:52:01 AM
Old 06-27-2013
thanks a lot friend..!! it worked for me..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counter

Hi, I need some help. Shell script counter. i need to add condition to check if counter is more than 10 and longer than 3 hours? it runs every 5 mins. it only check count and send email right now. it runs in cron as below gregcount.ksh gregdb 10 > /tmp/gregcount.out 2> /tmp/gregcount.err ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pega
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and counter

Hi, I have such an example(ksh): name1=Example directory=/directory1/Example/directory2 match=$(grep -s '$name1' $directory | wc -l) echo $match But it replies to me: 0 What I expect from it, is to find $name1 in $directory and produce 1 for me as true, not false. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chish
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

histogram or counter

Dear all, I have numerous dat files (a.dat, b.dat...) containing 500 numeric values each. I would like to count them, based on their range and obtain a histogram or a counter. INPUT: a.dat 1.3 2.16 0.34 ...... b.dat 1.54 0.94 3.13 ..... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Counter

cat sport_by_month Month : Jan sport :Football sport :Volleyball Month: Feb sport :BasketBall sport: Cricket sport: Fotball Month: Mar Month: APR sport : Bowling sport : Climbing I need your help to have a script that count the number of sports per month and sorted by mont with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with counter

i having a file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1234 ...........value can be change xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1235 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1236 . . . . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1300 ...........value can be change i want to cut last four characters of first line and last line and find the missing pattern. output should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help require with counter

I have this file 1801,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phoneC2-00,VOE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1802,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab=,phoneX1-01,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1803,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phone300,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1804,A1,2012-12-16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record counter

For the following code SEQ=200 awk -v S="$SEQ" ' $0 ~ S { N++ print N } ' "$1"ascii >"$1"search N is printed 8002 times as it occurred 8002 times in file how I could print the counter one time only (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do i miss counter or what

hello this script should show all users and space they used without problem : ls /home >> /root/users.txt cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do space=`du -s /home/$line` echo "$line space is $space" shift done but when i remove pipe ,script run without any output: ls /home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
ATTIMER(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATTIMER(4)

NAME
attimer -- i8254 Programmable Interval Timer (AT Timer) driver SYNOPSIS
This driver is a mandatory part of x86 kernels. The following tunables are settable from the loader(8): hint.attimer.X.clock controls support for the event timer functionality. Setting this value to 0 disables it. The default value is 1. hint.attimer.X.timecounter controls support for the time counter functionality. Setting this value to 0 disables it. The default value is 1. hw.i8254.freq allows overriding the default counter frequency. The same value is also available at run-time via the machdep.i8254_freq sysctl. DESCRIPTION
This driver uses i8254 Programmable Interval Timer (AT Timer) hardware to supply the kernel with one timecounter and one event timer, and to generate sound tones for the system speaker. This hardware includes three channels. Each channel includes a 16 bit counter which decreases with a known, platform-dependent frequency. Counters can operate in several different modes, including periodic and one-shot. The output of each channel has platform-defined wiring: one channel is wired to the interrupt controller and may be used as event timer, one channel is wired to the speaker and used to generate sound tones, and one timer is reserved for platform purposes. The attimer driver uses a single hardware channel to provide both time counter and event timer functionality. To make this possible, the respective counter must be running in periodic mode. As a result, the one-shot event timer mode is supported only when time counter func- tionality is disabled. The event timer provided by the driver is irrelevant to CPU power states. SEE ALSO
apic(4), atrtc(4), eventtimers(4), hpet(4), timecounters(4) BSD
May 26, 2014 BSD