Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How much Swap memory do i have ? Post 302826765 by Peasant on Thursday 27th of June 2013 08:35:44 AM
Old 06-27-2013
It says on the header mb and PCT
Those mean megabytes and %, respectively.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Total Memory/Swap Memory

I need to put a program together to determine the total, available memory and total and available swap on unix machines. I have been searching for weeks and I seem to run into dead ends. Every unix platform I look at has a different way to determine memory info. Any sugggestions or new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghe1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

swap memory

Hi Can any help me on setting the swap memory ? I would like to set swap memory for installing oracle 9i software. RAM - 512 Mb HDD - 40 Gb OS - Sun Solaris 5.9 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaramat
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swap memory

Hi, I want to see used swap memory I know that for this there is command free -m but this shows Swap: 16383 4529 11854 by top command while load is 1.05 max CPU % 24 mysqld why used swap shows 4529 either it is not flushed there is other command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Query regarding swap memory

Hi, Please help explain and answer the below: 1. I need to predetermine how much swap will my JVM use if it is started with -Xms 512M and -Xmx 1024M ? 2. Can a JVM process just use the Heap and not the Swap memory ? 3. If the Total physical RAM on my server is 8 GB and current Heap... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Threshold for swap memory

hi guys the monitoring team is using a tool for monitoring linux boxes and they set an alarm for swap memory to 10%(critical) I really has no idea when swap memory usage is high.... Can someone recommend me a threshold for this? when is warning or critical and this parameters can affect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is swap and Shared memory the same ?

In Linux, Unix environments Is swap and Shared memory the same ? In Linux, swap is mounted on /dev/shm ? I am wondering if the naming of 'shm' has anything to do with Shared memory ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Swap memory

Hi team, Is there any ability to force the system to use the swap memory for a specific service? And prevent another service of using the swap memory? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
2 Replies

9. Linux

Swap memory issue

Hi, In our production box i can see the Swap space using the below command free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 65963232 41041084 24922148 0 877160 35936292 -/+ buffers/cache: 4227632 61735600 Swap: 4192880 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

SWAP memory

Admins, How can I configure the server so that it will utilize the swap file as little as possible? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would say change the value of sysctl - vm.swappiness? And if, how can I keep it permenatly even after rebooting the system? since no related parameters in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies
PSTAT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  PSTAT(8)

NAME
pstat, swapinfo -- display system data structures SYNOPSIS
pstat [-Tfghkmnst] [-M core [-N system]] swapinfo [-ghkm] [-M core [-N system]] DESCRIPTION
The pstat utility displays open file entry, swap space utilization, terminal state, and vnode data structures. If invoked as swapinfo the -s option is implied, and only the -k, -m, -g, and -h options are legal. If the -M option is not specified, information is obtained from the currently running kernel via the sysctl(3) interface. Otherwise, infor- mation is read from the specified core file, using the name list from the specified kernel image (or from the default image). The following options are available: -n Print devices out by major/minor instead of name. -h ``Human-readable'' output. Use unit suffixes when printing swap partition sizes: Byte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte and Petabyte. -k Print sizes in kilobytes, regardless of the setting of the BLOCKSIZE environment variable. -m Print sizes in megabytes, regardless of the setting of the BLOCKSIZE environment variable. -g Print sizes in gigabytes, regardless of the setting of the BLOCKSIZE environment variable. -T Print the number of used and free slots in several system tables. This is useful for checking to see how large system tables have become if the system is under heavy load. -f Print the open file table with these headings: LOC The core location of this table entry. TYPE The type of object the file table entry points to. FLG Miscellaneous state variables encoded thus: R open for reading W open for writing A open for appending I signal pgrp when data ready CNT Number of processes that know this open file. MSG Number of messages outstanding for this file. DATA The location of the vnode table entry or socket structure for this file. OFFSET The file offset (see lseek(2)). -s Print information about swap space usage on all the swap areas compiled into the kernel. The first column is the device name of the partition. The next column is the total space available in the partition. The Used column indicates the total blocks used so far; the Available column indicates how much space is remaining on each partition. The Capacity reports the percentage of space used. If more than one partition is configured into the system, totals for all of the statistics will be reported in the final line of the report. -t Print table for terminals with these headings: LINE Device name. INQ Number of characters that can be stored in the input queue. CAN Number of characters in the input queue which can be read. LIN Number of characters in the input queue which cannot be read yet. LOW Low water mark for input. OUTQ Number of characters that can be stored in the output queue. USE Number of bytes in the output queue. LOW Low water mark for output. COL Calculated column position of terminal. SESS Process ID of the session leader. PGID Process group for which this is the controlling terminal. STATE Miscellaneous state variables encoded thus: I init/lock-state device nodes present C callout device nodes present O opened c console in use G gone B busy in open(2) Y send SIGIO for input events L next character is literal H high watermark reached X open for exclusive use S output stopped (ixon flow control) l block mode input routine in use Z connection lost s i/o being snooped b busy in read(2) or write(2) The 'i' and 'o' characters refer to the previous character, to differentiate between input and output. -M Extract values associated with the name list from the specified core. -N If -M is also specified, extract the name list from the specified system instead of the default, which is the kernel image the system has booted from. SEE ALSO
ps(1), systat(1), stat(2), fs(5), iostat(8), vmstat(8) K. Thompson, UNIX Implementation. HISTORY
The pstat utility appeared in 4.0BSD. BUGS
Does not understand NFS swap servers. BSD
October 11, 2014 BSD