Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How much Swap memory do i have ? Post 302826743 by mohtashims on Thursday 27th of June 2013 08:19:25 AM
Old 06-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
See free column under swapinfo -tam

Regards
Peasant.
I don't understand those numbers can you tell me in % and in KB or MBs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Total Memory/Swap Memory

I need to put a program together to determine the total, available memory and total and available swap on unix machines. I have been searching for weeks and I seem to run into dead ends. Every unix platform I look at has a different way to determine memory info. Any sugggestions or new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghe1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

swap memory

Hi Can any help me on setting the swap memory ? I would like to set swap memory for installing oracle 9i software. RAM - 512 Mb HDD - 40 Gb OS - Sun Solaris 5.9 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaramat
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swap memory

Hi, I want to see used swap memory I know that for this there is command free -m but this shows Swap: 16383 4529 11854 by top command while load is 1.05 max CPU % 24 mysqld why used swap shows 4529 either it is not flushed there is other command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Query regarding swap memory

Hi, Please help explain and answer the below: 1. I need to predetermine how much swap will my JVM use if it is started with -Xms 512M and -Xmx 1024M ? 2. Can a JVM process just use the Heap and not the Swap memory ? 3. If the Total physical RAM on my server is 8 GB and current Heap... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Threshold for swap memory

hi guys the monitoring team is using a tool for monitoring linux boxes and they set an alarm for swap memory to 10%(critical) I really has no idea when swap memory usage is high.... Can someone recommend me a threshold for this? when is warning or critical and this parameters can affect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is swap and Shared memory the same ?

In Linux, Unix environments Is swap and Shared memory the same ? In Linux, swap is mounted on /dev/shm ? I am wondering if the naming of 'shm' has anything to do with Shared memory ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Swap memory

Hi team, Is there any ability to force the system to use the swap memory for a specific service? And prevent another service of using the swap memory? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
2 Replies

9. Linux

Swap memory issue

Hi, In our production box i can see the Swap space using the below command free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 65963232 41041084 24922148 0 877160 35936292 -/+ buffers/cache: 4227632 61735600 Swap: 4192880 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

SWAP memory

Admins, How can I configure the server so that it will utilize the swap file as little as possible? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would say change the value of sysctl - vm.swappiness? And if, how can I keep it permenatly even after rebooting the system? since no related parameters in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)