Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nail command error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nail command error Post 302826475 by bakunin on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 04:25:41 PM
Old 06-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid Subhani
Code:
temporary mail message file: Permission denied

Why cant I send out Emails using nail command from this specific user? What seems to be the problem here?
Look at the error message above: it looks like this "nail" command prepares the mail in a temporary file before sending and the user "orasoa" is not allowed to write/create files where this is to happen.

Consult the documentation of the "nail" command about where it wants/needs to write these temporary files and give respective access rights to the user. Alternatively there might be a way to configure where "nail" writes these files. Configure it to use a path the user is allowed to write, then.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send multiple attachment through "nail" command

Hi, I using the "nail" command to send an attachement,the command is : nail -s TEST -a $param/Result.html xyz@yahoo.com </dev/null but now my requirement is changed, I have to send two attachments,through the same mail.. :rolleyes: I have tried this: nail -s TEST -a $param/*.html... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nail set header

Hi all. I am kind a new in Linux, so please forgive me if some statements will be dumb. So for some unknown reason server I am working on is using nail command instead of mail and mailx. I have googled around and fined out that it is possible to set mail header using command mail and option -a.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvaitkus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail

Hi: I am trying to read mails using pop3 protocol with the nail client. I have configurated the following files: .mailrc set NAIL_EXTRA_RC=~/.nailrc .nailrc shortcut myisp pop3://developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running "nail" in script

the script is in Perl... this is one part of it: $command = "echo \"$text\" | /usr/bin/nail -s \"My $text1\" $ccstr$addstr"; system("$command") if length($bodytext)>1; crontab runs the script and sends me notifications but i cant receive any mail that i wanted! I'm using the complete path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML + Nail Command

Hello all I am trying to send an email to my Outlook from a Solaris 10 machine using a Nail command. The email is of HTML type but when I receive it in outlook, its in simple text format showing HTML tags as shown below: Command I am using: cat body.lst | /opt/nail-11.25/bin/nail -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

6. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -b, --base Print a base channel that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network Classic, Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)