Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nail command error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nail command error Post 302826475 by bakunin on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 04:25:41 PM
Old 06-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid Subhani
Code:
temporary mail message file: Permission denied

Why cant I send out Emails using nail command from this specific user? What seems to be the problem here?
Look at the error message above: it looks like this "nail" command prepares the mail in a temporary file before sending and the user "orasoa" is not allowed to write/create files where this is to happen.

Consult the documentation of the "nail" command about where it wants/needs to write these temporary files and give respective access rights to the user. Alternatively there might be a way to configure where "nail" writes these files. Configure it to use a path the user is allowed to write, then.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send multiple attachment through "nail" command

Hi, I using the "nail" command to send an attachement,the command is : nail -s TEST -a $param/Result.html xyz@yahoo.com </dev/null but now my requirement is changed, I have to send two attachments,through the same mail.. :rolleyes: I have tried this: nail -s TEST -a $param/*.html... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nail set header

Hi all. I am kind a new in Linux, so please forgive me if some statements will be dumb. So for some unknown reason server I am working on is using nail command instead of mail and mailx. I have googled around and fined out that it is possible to set mail header using command mail and option -a.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvaitkus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail

Hi: I am trying to read mails using pop3 protocol with the nail client. I have configurated the following files: .mailrc set NAIL_EXTRA_RC=~/.nailrc .nailrc shortcut myisp pop3://developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running "nail" in script

the script is in Perl... this is one part of it: $command = "echo \"$text\" | /usr/bin/nail -s \"My $text1\" $ccstr$addstr"; system("$command") if length($bodytext)>1; crontab runs the script and sends me notifications but i cant receive any mail that i wanted! I'm using the complete path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML + Nail Command

Hello all I am trying to send an email to my Outlook from a Solaris 10 machine using a Nail command. The email is of HTML type but when I receive it in outlook, its in simple text format showing HTML tags as shown below: Command I am using: cat body.lst | /opt/nail-11.25/bin/nail -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

6. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
mail.local(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mail.local(1M)

NAME
mail.local - store mail in a mailbox SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mail.local [-f sender] [-d] recipient DESCRIPTION
mail.local reads the standard input up to an end-of-file and appends it to each user's mail file (mailbox). This program is intended to be used by sendmail(1M) as a mail delivery agent for local mail. It is not a user interface agent. Messages are appended to the user's mail file in the /var/mail directory. The user must be a valid user name. Each delivered mail message in the mailbox is preceded by a "Unix From line" with the following format: From sender_address time_stamp The sender_address is extracted from the SMTP envelope address (the envelope address is specified with the -f option). A trailing blank line is also added to the end of each message. The mail files are locked with a .lock file while mail is appended. The mail files are created with mode 660, owner is set to recipient, and group is set to mail. If the ``biff'' service is returned by get- servbyname(3SOCKET), the biff server is notified of delivered mail. This program also computes the Content-Length: header which will be used by the mailbox reader to mark the message boundary. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f sender Specifies the "envelope from address" of the message. This flag is technically optional, but should be used. -d Specifies the recipient of the message. This flag is also optional and is supported here for backward compatibility. That is, mail.local recipient is the same as mail.local -d recipient. -l Turn on LMTP mode. -r from Specify the sender's name (for backward compatibility). -7 Do not advertise 8BITMIME support in LMTP mode. -b Return a permanent error instead of a temporary error if a mailbox exceeds quota. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: recipient The recipient of the mail message. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TZ Used to set the appropriate time zone on the timestamp. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/tmp/local.XXXXXX temporary files /tmp/lochd.XXXXXX temporary files /var/mail/user_name user's mail file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mail(1), comsat(1M), sendmail(1M), getservbyname(3SOCKET), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1997 mail.local(1M)