Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nail command error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nail command error Post 302826475 by bakunin on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 04:25:41 PM
Old 06-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid Subhani
Code:
temporary mail message file: Permission denied

Why cant I send out Emails using nail command from this specific user? What seems to be the problem here?
Look at the error message above: it looks like this "nail" command prepares the mail in a temporary file before sending and the user "orasoa" is not allowed to write/create files where this is to happen.

Consult the documentation of the "nail" command about where it wants/needs to write these temporary files and give respective access rights to the user. Alternatively there might be a way to configure where "nail" writes these files. Configure it to use a path the user is allowed to write, then.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send multiple attachment through "nail" command

Hi, I using the "nail" command to send an attachement,the command is : nail -s TEST -a $param/Result.html xyz@yahoo.com </dev/null but now my requirement is changed, I have to send two attachments,through the same mail.. :rolleyes: I have tried this: nail -s TEST -a $param/*.html... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nail set header

Hi all. I am kind a new in Linux, so please forgive me if some statements will be dumb. So for some unknown reason server I am working on is using nail command instead of mail and mailx. I have googled around and fined out that it is possible to set mail header using command mail and option -a.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvaitkus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail

Hi: I am trying to read mails using pop3 protocol with the nail client. I have configurated the following files: .mailrc set NAIL_EXTRA_RC=~/.nailrc .nailrc shortcut myisp pop3://developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running "nail" in script

the script is in Perl... this is one part of it: $command = "echo \"$text\" | /usr/bin/nail -s \"My $text1\" $ccstr$addstr"; system("$command") if length($bodytext)>1; crontab runs the script and sends me notifications but i cant receive any mail that i wanted! I'm using the complete path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML + Nail Command

Hello all I am trying to send an email to my Outlook from a Solaris 10 machine using a Nail command. The email is of HTML type but when I receive it in outlook, its in simple text format showing HTML tags as shown below: Command I am using: cat body.lst | /opt/nail-11.25/bin/nail -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

6. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
mailq(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - Displays the contents of the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq command displays a list of messages in the mail queue. The mailq command is the same as the sendmail command with the -bp option; see sendmail for more information. EXAMPLES
The mailq command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- ---Q- Time------- --Sender/Recipient--- AA002508 3 Thu Dec 17 10:01 root The mailq -v command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- -Priority- ---Q-Time---- -Sender/Recipient- AA002508 3 1005 Dec 17 10:01 root (Output might be formatted differently on your system.) The fields have the following meaning: Contains the message queue ID of the message. Contains the number of bytes in the body of the message (header information not included). Contains the priority of the message. Contains the date that the message entered the queue. Contains the user ID of the sender (first), and then the user ID of the receiver of the message. In this example, a message also indicates the status of the message. FILES
Contains the log file and temporary files associated with the messages in the mail queue. SEE ALSO
Commands: sendmail(8) mailq(1)