Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nail command error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nail command error Post 302826289 by Junaid Subhani on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 09:29:09 AM
Old 06-26-2013
Wrench Nail command error

Hello all.

I am currently using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga).

I have multiple users on this system and intend to use nail command to send out emails.
When I enter the command:
Code:
nail <some-email-address>

its accepts the command and sends out an email.

But when I log into the system using orasoa user and try using the nail command, this is what I get;

Code:
ORASOA @titan3:/home/orasoa>nail <some-email-address>
temporary mail message file: Permission denied

The .bash_profile of orasoa user is:

Code:
ORASOA @titan3:/home/orasoa>cat .bash_profile 
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

ORACLE_BASE=/appl/orasoa; export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=/appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3; export ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_TERM=xterm; export ORACLE_TERM
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH; export PATH
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/jdk/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/dcm/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/OPatch:$PATH; export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin; export CLASSPATH
export PS1='ORASOA '@`hostname`':$PWD>'
alias home='cd $ORACLE_HOME'
alias bin='cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin'
alias port='cd $ORACLE_HOME/install'
alias opmn='cd $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin'
alias conf='cd /appl/orasoa/tabs7'
alias apache='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/conf'
alias csapp='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/j2ee/tcs/applications/tcs/CS6.11.4.4/WEB-INF/classes/config'
#alias csapp7='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/j2ee/tcs7/applications/tcs7/CS*/WEB-INF/classes/config'
alias ws='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/j2ee/tcs_ws/applications/tcs_ws/TABSWebService/WEB-INF/lib'
alias mapping='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/j2ee/tcs/applications/tcs/CS6.11.4.4/WEB-INF/classes/ws/its/messagehandling'
alias mapping7='cd /appl/orasoa/product/10.1.3/j2ee/tcs7/applications/tcs7/CS*/WEB-INF/classes/ws/its/messagehandling'
alias logs='cd /logs/tabs7'

#if [ $USER = "orasoa" ]; then
#  if [ $SHELL = "/bin/ksh" ]; then
#    ulimit -p 16384
#    ulimit -n 65536
#  else
#    ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536
#  fi
#fi

TMPDIR=$TMP; export TMPDIR
TMP=/tmp; export TMP
/usr/bin/script -a /var/tmp/session_log/$LOGNAME.$$;
exit

Why cant I send out Emails using nail command from this specific user? What seems to be the problem here?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send multiple attachment through "nail" command

Hi, I using the "nail" command to send an attachement,the command is : nail -s TEST -a $param/Result.html xyz@yahoo.com </dev/null but now my requirement is changed, I have to send two attachments,through the same mail.. :rolleyes: I have tried this: nail -s TEST -a $param/*.html... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nail set header

Hi all. I am kind a new in Linux, so please forgive me if some statements will be dumb. So for some unknown reason server I am working on is using nail command instead of mail and mailx. I have googled around and fined out that it is possible to set mail header using command mail and option -a.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvaitkus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail

Hi: I am trying to read mails using pop3 protocol with the nail client. I have configurated the following files: .mailrc set NAIL_EXTRA_RC=~/.nailrc .nailrc shortcut myisp pop3://developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running "nail" in script

the script is in Perl... this is one part of it: $command = "echo \"$text\" | /usr/bin/nail -s \"My $text1\" $ccstr$addstr"; system("$command") if length($bodytext)>1; crontab runs the script and sends me notifications but i cant receive any mail that i wanted! I'm using the complete path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML + Nail Command

Hello all I am trying to send an email to my Outlook from a Solaris 10 machine using a Nail command. The email is of HTML type but when I receive it in outlook, its in simple text format showing HTML tags as shown below: Command I am using: cat body.lst | /opt/nail-11.25/bin/nail -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

6. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
INITSCRIPT(5)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     INITSCRIPT(5)

NAME
initscript - script that executes inittab commands. SYNOPSIS
/bin/sh /etc/initscript id runlevels action process DESCRIPTION
When the shell script /etc/initscript is present, init will use it to execute the commands from inittab. This script can be used to set things like ulimit and umask default values for every process. EXAMPLES
This is a sample initscript, which might be installed on your system as /etc/initscript.sample. # # initscript Executed by init(8) for every program it # wants to spawn like this: # # /bin/sh /etc/initscript <id> <level> <action> <process> # # Set umask to safe level, and enable core dumps. umask 022 ulimit -c 2097151 PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin export PATH # Increase the hard file descriptor limit for all processes # to 8192. The soft limit is still 1024, but any unprivileged # process can increase its soft limit up to the hard limit # with "ulimit -Sn xxx" (needs a 2.2.13 or later Linux kernel). ulimit -Hn 8192 # Execute the program. eval exec "$4" NOTES
This script is not meant as startup script for daemons or somesuch. It has nothing to do with a rc.local style script. It's just a handler for things executed from /etc/inittab. Experimenting with this can make your system un(re)bootable. FILES
/etc/inittab, /etc/initscript. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg ,<miquels@cistron.nl> SEE ALSO
init(8), inittab(5). July 10, 2003 INITSCRIPT(5)