Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Rsync for back up, external HD Post 302825901 by Corona688 on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 11:08:43 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
Well Marek I suppose the lack of response comes from the usage you make of rsync... designed for remote copy...
It can just as easily do local copy. More easily, since daemons and authentication aren't involved.

Code:
rsync dir1 dir2

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

External USB

Is it possible to install Solaris 10 on an external USB drive? I'd like to dual boot Linux and Solaris 10. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: otterit
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync back?

Hi, I am in the process of developing backup script using rsync, my code is bellow: EXCLUDE_DIR="/home/kannanpg/mscdr/src/ex1" rsync -az -e ssh -v --exclude $EXCLUDE_DIR --delete $HOSTTOBACKUP:$SOURCE $DR_BACKUP_DIR/daily.0 >$tempfile 2>&1 even my exclude dir is coping.. what is wrong in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to an external list of URLs

I'm going to have a text file formatted something like this: some_name http://www.someurl.com/ another_name http://www.anotherurl.com/ third_name http://www.thirdurl.com/ I need to write a script that can rsync from a file path I'll set, to each URL in the list. Any ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibsen
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to back up with rsync

I'm trying to write a script to back up with rsync, the script I am posting below: nomServer="shiva horus isis" dirshiva="/etc /faturamento" shivaListExc="/usr/local/bin/shivaListExclRsync" dumpDir="$dumpFile/Shiva" dateBkp=`date +%A` for nServer in ${nomServer} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmoreti
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External HDD

I need to get an external HDD for a SUN server running Solaris 10. The Western Digital that I have will not recognize and when I went looking for drivers WD only has them for MAC and Windows. Is there a External HDD that is known to work with Unix? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default "rsync") conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default "/etc/rsyncd.conf") bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)