Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk? Post 302825739 by summer_cherry on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 04:54:35 AM
Old 06-25-2013
python

Code:
with open("a.txt") as f:
 for line in f:
  line=line.replace("\n","")
  words=line.split(",")
  words=[words[0]]+words[len(words)-2:]+words[1:len(words)-2]
  print(",".join(words))

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-25-2013 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Code tags
This User Gave Thanks to summer_cherry For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print all fields except for last field

How do I print all the fields of a record except for the $(NF) field? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove zeros from first field, but print all fields

Hello Everyone, I've got a comma-delimited file that looks like this: 0012,123 ,456 ,05/12/2014 0123,525 ,286 ,05/12/2014 0456,791 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1095,759 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1344,576 ,292 ,05/12/2014 1558,551 ,283 ,05/12/2014 002183719, , ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print . in blank fields to prevent fields from shifting

The below code works great, kindly provided by @Don Cragun, the lines in bold print the current output. Since some of the fields printed can be blank some of the fields are shifted. I can not seem too add . to the blank fields like in the desired output. Basically, if there is nothing in the field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
american-english-small(5)					   Users' Manual					 american-english-small(5)

NAME
american-english-small - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/american-english-small is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 american-english-small(5)