Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk? Post 302825725 by rajamadhavan on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 04:12:20 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Code:
$ awk -F"," '{i=$(NF-1);j=$NF;for(k=NF;k>=4;k--){$k=$(k-2);};$2=i;$3=j} {print $0}' aak
a1 b1 b2 abc jsd fhf fkk
a2 b3 c4 acb dfg ghj
a3 d4 d5 djf wdjg fkg dff ggk

Last edited by rajamadhavan; 06-25-2013 at 05:53 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to rajamadhavan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - print all fields except for last field

How do I print all the fields of a record except for the $(NF) field? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove zeros from first field, but print all fields

Hello Everyone, I've got a comma-delimited file that looks like this: 0012,123 ,456 ,05/12/2014 0123,525 ,286 ,05/12/2014 0456,791 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1095,759 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1344,576 ,292 ,05/12/2014 1558,551 ,283 ,05/12/2014 002183719, , ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print . in blank fields to prevent fields from shifting

The below code works great, kindly provided by @Don Cragun, the lines in bold print the current output. Since some of the fields printed can be blank some of the fields are shifted. I can not seem too add . to the blank fields like in the desired output. Basically, if there is nothing in the field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
DBFDUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DBFDUMP(1)

NAME
dbfdump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbfdump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbfdump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbfdump -fs=' : ' table dbfdump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbfdump - DESCRIPTION
Dbfdump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AUTHOR
(c) 1998--1999 Jan Pazdziora, adelton@fi.muni.cz, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/ at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 DBFDUMP(1)