Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Splitting rpool mirror disk in ZFS Post 302825623 by solaris_1977 on Monday 24th of June 2013 07:34:51 PM
Old 06-24-2013
This function is starting with release 9, while my release is 7.
If I shut down server and remove disk (physically) from server and then bring up server, that should work ?
And if this works, how will I attach (resynch) both disk after my activity got completed and I reinserted disk inside server ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

zfs mirror disk

Is it possible to create a Mirror with zfs ?? I'm experimented user with Solstice Disk suite. Or Sun Volume manager or veritas volume manager. But, i would like switch from Disksuite to Zfs. All my mirrored disks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS rpool physical disk move

I'd like to finish setting up this system and then move the secondary or primary disk to another system that is the exact same hardware. I've done things like this in the past with ufs and disk suite mirroring just fine. But I have yet to do it with a zfs root pool mirror. Are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Metasin
1 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Zfs rpool size

Hi everyone, I am doing housekeeping of my Solaris 11 for zfs snapshot to reduce the snapshot size. I have already cleared the / file system, however the rpool size still not reduced. Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Need help to understand zfs rpool space allocation

Hi, I am unable to understand that, in one of my servers while df -kh Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 11G 29G 29% / Even the Root FS filled on 40gb and system becomes unstable. it is showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS: /system/zones "respawning" on rpool

Hi, I have this fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 sparc. I have two zfs pools both using two disks in mirroring mode, both are online. I want to move /system/zones, currently rpool/VARSHARE/zones, from rpool to the other zfs pool so my zones don't consume space on the disks allocated to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: X96
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Trying to create ZFS slice on rpool

I have a 240GB disk as rpool. I have installed Solaris 11.3 to a partition which is 110GB. Now I have another 130GB which is unallocated. I want to use that additional space as a temporary folder to be shared between Solaris and Linux. The additional space had no /dev/dsk/c2t4... entry so I used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
8 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)