Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleted /etc/passwd file while accessing to our test server via putty Post 302824915 by rahul547 on Saturday 22nd of June 2013 02:13:08 AM
Old 06-22-2013
Deleted /etc/passwd file while accessing to our test server via putty

Hi

I was accessing our linux test server via putty and By mistake i deleted /etc/passwd file.....

It is allowing me to login..... So could anyone please help me out in this issue....

Please, it is urgent

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleted /etc/passwd

Hi all, While playing with my LINUX machine i accidently deleted a file name called /etc/passwd . Even though the system is booted am unable to get the login prompt. Is there any remedy for this problem.:( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
5 Replies

2. Solaris

/etc/passwd file been deleted

Hi Folks , Would be grateful if someone could help me out in one of the question that came to my mind . If the /etc/passwd file has been deleted and the system has been rebooted . Then i dont think that any user would be able to login and the system will be useless . Whats the best solution for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gera_sachin125
5 Replies

3. Linux

how to get passwd command again if it is deleted by usin rm command

hai friends i have deleted passwd command using rm command i thought it will come again at the time of rebooting but it is completely deleted how to get it worked again (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkata.ganesh
5 Replies

4. AIX

-805 error in AIX UNIX accessing TEST DB from PROD

Hi, I am getting -805 error when i tried accessing TEST DB from PROD environment in AIX UNIX. Could anyone help me in this regard. Thx, Satish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishstar2
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Passwd,shadow files deleted and abort sequence disabled

Hi all.. I moved the /etc/shadow and /etc/shadow files to /tmp and then rebooted my PARC machine running 5.10. I did it to see if I could recover from single user mode. But, I forgot to enable the abort key-sequence which I earlier disabled. Stuck! One of my gurus told I had to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
9 Replies

6. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

7. Solaris

How to run putty.exe file in server?

Hi, I want to run putty.exe in Solaris server.My main aim is to invoke the putty.exe in Solaris server from a web application(.jsp) deployed in the server so that putty terminal should open. Thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
11 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging to server to get etc/passwd file of all 300 server

i am new to scripting ,i need bash script in jump server to pull the /etc/passwd of all servers and the ssh keys are installed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: profiles
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Deleted known_hosts file on private server, how do I get it back?

In my ignorance I deleted the known_hosts file on private server. I am not sure what the file type is supposed to be. In general, I have been having problems with ssh and passwords. For some reason, despite having generated a private/public key pair and successfully saving the .pub file onto the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
2 Replies
PEV(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PEV(1)

NAME
pev - show information about MS-Windows excutables files SYNOPSIS
pev [OPTION]... file DESCRIPTION
Make an analysis and show useful information of PE32/PE32+ file given. OPTIONS
-A, --all Equivalent to -cdhoprs. This is the default action if none is specified. -c, --coff Show the COFF file header. -d, --dos Show the DOS file header. -h, --help Show usage and exit. -o, --optional Show the Optional (a.k.a. PE) file header. -p, --product-version Show the Product Version (if added by programmer/compiler) of PE file. -r, --resources Show first level resource items information. -s, --sections Show information about executable sections. -v, --version Show version and exit. EXAMPLES
To get only the Product Version of putty.exe file: $ pev -p putty.exe To show DOS and COFF file headers of cards.dll: $ pev -dc cards.dll Display all possible information about svchost.exe file: $ pev svchost.exe AUTHOR
Written by Coding 40o group REPORTING BUGS
Report pev bugs at http://sourceforge.net/p/pev/tickets/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Coding 40o. Licensed GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. PEV(1)