Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple awk help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple awk help Post 302824775 by Parrakarry on Friday 21st of June 2013 01:31:44 PM
Old 06-21-2013
The output I want is:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8">
<Export>
<section name="Query1">
<entry name="DocumentType">Document Type</entry>
<entry name="KWName1">Project Number</entry>
<entry name="KWName2">Org ID</entry>
<entry name="KWName3">Invoice Number</entry>
</section>
<section name="Query2">
<entry name="DocumentType">Invoices</entry>
<entry name="KWName3">Invoice Number</entry>
</section>
<section name="Query3">
<entry name="DocumentType">Requisitions</entry>
<entry name="KWName1">Invoice Number</entry>
</section>
<section name="Query4">
<entry name="DocumentType">Proposals</entry>
</section>
</Export>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a simple script using awk

I need a hand with this simple script, in Unix i have a variable called portal: $ echo $portal chu0 when i use awk this variable is not recognized. How can i make awk recognize and print the value of this variable, since the output is not shown i.e. awk ' BEGIN {printf("%4s\t%14s\n",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk

when I execute this awk stmt .. awk "/log_directory/ { print $5}" /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/tmp_purge_op.log it's returning the whole line as .. IRMD118_LISTENER1 parameter "log_directory" set to /opt/oracle/10.2/network/log/ my expected output is : /opt/oracle/10.2/network/log what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk help

Whats the syntax to find all lines that matches a text and print out specific fields after the match? ex: 1: some random text 2: Full name: John E. Smith 3: some random text 4: Full name: Mary J. Lue 5: some random text So I'd like to print out First names or last names or everything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdude
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with simple awk script

Hi, I just don't understand awk. I think I'm close here but can someone give me a hand to finish this little parsing routine ? the input file is formatted like this: District 2502110 Gsub 2384889 Gsub 1428180 District 2502220 Gsub 1466390 Gsub 1466389 Gsub 1466388 Gsub 1466386 Gsub... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this simple AWK example

awk '!_++' Most importantly, I want to know what the underscore does "!_" But ideally, please breakdown the whole thing. It is supposed to remove duplicate lines when found in a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk problem II

Hello; Trying to figure out how to keep just the contents between the two search lines: awk '/regexp_1/ ,/regexp_2/' I do not want lines containing regexp_1 and regexp_2 in the output. Thank you for any ideas Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another simple awk problem

Hello; I need to print two previous lines after searching for a reg exp: awk '/haywood/' should produce the following =================== p9J46THe020804 89922 Tue Oct 18 21:06 MAILER-DAEMON (host map: lookup (haywood.com): deferred) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple comparison in AWK

Hi, I'm new to AWK and I'm having problems comparing a field to a string variable. /ARTIST/ {x = $2} $1 ~ x {print $0}My code tries to find a record with the string "ARTIST". Once it finds it, it stores the second field of the record into a variable. I don't know what the problem is for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: klusps
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk use

Hi, I have a file such that: 40454,31,48,4,1304.967741935484,1 31708,25,48,4,1268.32,1 20900,64501,671,788,0.3240259840932699,0 20137,51358,834,743,0.3920908135051988,0 I want to replace the 6th column by "ones" if it is 1, and with "zeros" if it is 0. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk

Hi, this must be a simple but this is my first interaction with shell and awk. following is a log file needed to parse (2 lines separated by a line break for clarity): 2013-07-27 13:32:09,043 - ERROR - PerformanceUtility - Thread-14 - Performance - 9b348407-4f57-4983-a057-a55669821f68 |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: liv2luv
12 Replies
csv(n)								  CSV processing							    csv(n)

NAME
csv - Procedures to handle CSV data. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require csv ?0.3? ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} DESCRIPTION
The csv package provides commands to manipulate information in CSV FORMAT (CSV = Comma Separated Values). COMMANDS
The following commands are available: ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of lists of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". Each element of the outer list is considered a record, these are separated by newlines in the result. The elements of each record are formatted as usual (via ::csv::join). ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} A wrapper around ::csv::split2matrix (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given matrix. For an explanation of the expand argument see ::csv::split2matrix. ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::split2queue (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given queue. ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? A report command which can be used by the matrix methods format 2string and format 2chan. For the latter this command delegates the work to ::csv::writematrix. cmd is expected to be either printmatrix or printmatrix2channel. The channel argument, chan, has to be present for the latter and must not be present for the first. ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} converts a line in CSV format into a list of the values contained in the line. The character used to separate the values from each other can be defined by the caller, via sepChar, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} The same as ::csv::split, but appends the resulting list as a new row to the matrix m, using the method add row. The expansion mode specified via expand determines how the command handles a matrix with less columns than contained in line. The allowed modes are: none This is the default mode. In this mode it is the responsibility of the caller to ensure that the matrix has enough columns to contain the full line. If there are not enough columns the list of values is silently truncated at the end to fit. empty In this mode the command expands an empty matrix to hold all columns of the specified line, but goes no further. The overall effect is that the first of a series of lines determines the number of columns in the matrix and all following lines are truncated to that size, as if mode none was set. auto In this mode the command expands the matrix as needed to hold all columns contained in line. The overall effect is that after adding a series of lines the matrix will have enough columns to hold all columns of the longest line encountered so far. ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} The same as ::csv::split, but appending the resulting list as a single item to the queue q, using the method put. ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all rows in the matrix m and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all items in the queue q (assumes that they are lists) and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. FORMAT
Each record of a csv file (comma-separated values, as exported e.g. by Excel) is a set of ASCII values separated by ",". For other lan- guages it may be ";" however, although this is not important for this case (The functions provided here allow any separator character). If a value contains itself the separator ",", then it (the value) is put between "". If a value contains ", it is replaced by "". EXAMPLE
The record 123,"123,521.2","Mary says ""Hello, I am Mary""" is parsed as follows: a) 123 b) 123,521.2 c) Mary says "Hello, I am Mary" SEE ALSO
matrix, queue KEYWORDS
csv, matrix, queue, package, tcllib csv 0.3 csv(n)