Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple awk help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple awk help Post 302824773 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of June 2013 01:30:37 PM
Old 06-21-2013
You've given us the output you don't want, not the output you do want, so I'm still kind of puzzled as to what you actually want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a simple script using awk

I need a hand with this simple script, in Unix i have a variable called portal: $ echo $portal chu0 when i use awk this variable is not recognized. How can i make awk recognize and print the value of this variable, since the output is not shown i.e. awk ' BEGIN {printf("%4s\t%14s\n",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk

when I execute this awk stmt .. awk "/log_directory/ { print $5}" /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/tmp_purge_op.log it's returning the whole line as .. IRMD118_LISTENER1 parameter "log_directory" set to /opt/oracle/10.2/network/log/ my expected output is : /opt/oracle/10.2/network/log what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple awk help

Whats the syntax to find all lines that matches a text and print out specific fields after the match? ex: 1: some random text 2: Full name: John E. Smith 3: some random text 4: Full name: Mary J. Lue 5: some random text So I'd like to print out First names or last names or everything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdude
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with simple awk script

Hi, I just don't understand awk. I think I'm close here but can someone give me a hand to finish this little parsing routine ? the input file is formatted like this: District 2502110 Gsub 2384889 Gsub 1428180 District 2502220 Gsub 1466390 Gsub 1466389 Gsub 1466388 Gsub 1466386 Gsub... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this simple AWK example

awk '!_++' Most importantly, I want to know what the underscore does "!_" But ideally, please breakdown the whole thing. It is supposed to remove duplicate lines when found in a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk problem II

Hello; Trying to figure out how to keep just the contents between the two search lines: awk '/regexp_1/ ,/regexp_2/' I do not want lines containing regexp_1 and regexp_2 in the output. Thank you for any ideas Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another simple awk problem

Hello; I need to print two previous lines after searching for a reg exp: awk '/haywood/' should produce the following =================== p9J46THe020804 89922 Tue Oct 18 21:06 MAILER-DAEMON (host map: lookup (haywood.com): deferred) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple comparison in AWK

Hi, I'm new to AWK and I'm having problems comparing a field to a string variable. /ARTIST/ {x = $2} $1 ~ x {print $0}My code tries to find a record with the string "ARTIST". Once it finds it, it stores the second field of the record into a variable. I don't know what the problem is for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: klusps
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk use

Hi, I have a file such that: 40454,31,48,4,1304.967741935484,1 31708,25,48,4,1268.32,1 20900,64501,671,788,0.3240259840932699,0 20137,51358,834,743,0.3920908135051988,0 I want to replace the 6th column by "ones" if it is 1, and with "zeros" if it is 0. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple awk

Hi, this must be a simple but this is my first interaction with shell and awk. following is a log file needed to parse (2 lines separated by a line break for clarity): 2013-07-27 13:32:09,043 - ERROR - PerformanceUtility - Thread-14 - Performance - 9b348407-4f57-4983-a057-a55669821f68 |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: liv2luv
12 Replies
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)

NAME
Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess - Text::CSV::Encoded coder class using Encode::Guess SYNOPSIS
use Text::CSV::Encoded coder_class => 'Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess'; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $csv = Text::CSV::Encoded->new(); $csv->encoding( ['ucs2', 'ascii'] ); # guessing ucs2 or ascii? $csv->encoding_to_combine('shiftjis'); my $excel = Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse( $file ); my $sheet = $excel->{Worksheet}->[0]; for my $row ( $sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow} ) { my @fields; for my $col ( $sheet->{MinCol} .. $sheet->{MaxCol} ) { my $cell = $sheet->{Cells}[$row][$col]; push @fields, $cell->{Val}; } $csv->combine( @fields ) or die; print $csv->string, " "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is inherited from Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. USE
Except for 2 attributes, same as Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::Encode. encoding_in $csv = $csv->encoding_in( $encoding_list_ref ); The accessor to an encoding for pre-parsing CSV strings. If no encoding is given, returns current $encoding, otherwise the object itself. $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding_in() When you pass a list reference, it might guess the encoding from the given list. $csv->encoding_in( ['shiftjis', 'euc-jp', 'iso-20022-jp'] ); If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. encoding $csv = $csv->encoding( $encoding_list_ref ); $encoding_list_ref = $csv->encoding(); You can pass a list reference to this attribute only: * For list data consumed by combine(). * For list reference returned by getline(). In other word, in "combine" and "print", it might guess an encoding for the passing list data. If it cannot guess the encoding, the first encoding of the list is used. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Guess AUTHOR
Makamaka Hannyaharamitu, <makamaka[at]cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2010 by Makamaka Hannyaharamitu This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-04-26 Text::CSV::Encoded::Coder::EncodeGuess(3pm)